PDA

View Full Version : When do you approach your real ROI? Alternative Method to calculate

HesseJam
11-15-2005, 04:06 AM
If you read the posts you came across the answers to the question "When do I know that my ROI is close to my real ROI?". I just played with an alternative approach to illustrate that this number is somewhat big.

Let's assume that you have played n tourneys and have a current ROI of x. You have the feeling that this is close to your real long term ROI.

You start a new set of 4 tourneys. You play your usual game and the cards fall your way and you hit the Grand Slam. You win all 4 tourneys!

Well, you said you were already close to your real ROI. So, how much should this event effect your current ROI?

Now, if you said I am already very close to my real ROI, therefore the grand slam should raise my current ROI only by 0.5% you can calculate how many tourneys you had to have played before this event.

I calculated this for an ROI of 25% and the result is that you had already 2600 tourneys under your belt if the Grand Slam raised your ROI by 0.5%.

How many tourneys would the break even player with an ROI of 0% have had to play to yield the same result? Answer: 2800 tourneys.

So, there isn't much difference with regard to different ROIs.