PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 NL...QQ in a sticky spot

whitelime
11-15-2005, 03:43 AM
Opponent in this hand is 41/28/2.25 over a large sample. He is probably a winner. I've played 2 hands w/ him so far.

First hand. He opens for $40. I make it $135 w/ QQ. He calls.

Flop 335 w/ a flush draw. I 3/4 pot. He calls.

Turn offsuit J. I shove. He folds.

2nd Hand: He opens for $40 after a limper. I reraise to $150. He folds.

Hand in Question: (6 handed)

He has $850 to start and I cover.

He min raises UTG to $20. Good player calls. I reraise to $100 w/ Q /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif. He calls. Good player folds.

Flop T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. He checks. I bet $200. He calls

Turn T /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Check. Check.

River 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif. He pushes $550. I ?

Anyone bet turn?
Call river?

I'll post results in a day or so.

flawless_victory
11-15-2005, 03:56 AM
call.

technologic
11-15-2005, 03:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Opponent in this hand is 41/28/2.25 over a large sample. He is probably a winner. I've played 2 hands w/ him so far.

First hand. He opens for $40. I make it $135 w/ QQ. He calls.

Flop 335 w/ a flush draw. I 3/4 pot. He calls.

Turn offsuit J. I shove. He folds.

2nd Hand: He opens for $40 after a limper. I reraise to $150. He folds.

Hand in Question: (6 handed)

He has $850 to start and I cover.

He min raises UTG to $20. Good player calls. I reraise to $100 w/ Q /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif. He calls. Good player folds.

Flop T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. He checks. I bet $200. He calls

Turn T /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Check. Check.

River 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif. He pushes $550. I ?

Anyone bet turn?
Call river?

I'll post results in a day or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm...only hand i see you beating here is JJ, AKd/AA/KK probably gets it in there on the flop. his hand range is wide enough that he could easily have a JT/T9 hand in this spot. if he has a medium pp, he'll probably want to check call to snap off a bluff.

i'd say fold, but i think a call might not be so bad as he'd have to show you crap/JJ 1/3 times for a call to be right.

BIgMc
11-15-2005, 04:19 AM
Where's the bet on the flop?? If he did have AA or KK he'd bet or check/raise flop. You could have easily reraised with ad kd pre-flop. His flop call is equally as weak as his check on the turn. His range of hands is large here. He could have check called the flop, then checked turn with any pair, draw, or even a full house. You need to bet the turn next time. Give yourself some more information. He could have put you on two overs (after your turn check) and pushed with any one of those wide range of hands. Need to bet the turn.

whitelime
11-15-2005, 04:38 AM
By betting the turn, you mean going all-in? A pot size bet puts him all-in here...

Allinlife
11-15-2005, 04:39 AM
I like the turn check..since if you pushed, the draws will fold and get insta called by Tx

given turn check and beautiful blank river you wished for, you gotta call here sir. (villan with such laggy stats likely puts you on big missed AK type hand and push with any 2)

BIgMc
11-15-2005, 04:48 AM
Pot or anything over 200. You show too much weakness by checking the turn, and give him the opportunity to steal on river. Also, you re-raised him 3 times pre-flop. He might assume you're not as strong as you were.

fuzzbox
11-15-2005, 04:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like the turn check..since if you pushed, the draws will fold and get insta called by Tx

given turn check and beautiful blank river you wished for, you gotta call here sir. (villan with such laggy stats likely puts you on big missed AK type hand and push with any 2)

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it not good for us to fold the draws on this board given that villain has only one pot sized bet left? Why would we want to give a free card for the draws? And they might even call.

I say push the turn. If he has a T then tough for me.

Allinlife
11-15-2005, 04:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it not good for us to fold the draws on this board given that villain has only one pot sized bet left? Why would we want to give a free card for the draws? And they might even call.

I say push the turn. If he has a T then tough for me.

[/ QUOTE ]
if you plan to lose maximum to better hands, you have to come up with a way to maximize win against worse hands and pushing turn isn't one of them. pushing turn makes it hard for villan to make mistakes.

BIgMc
11-15-2005, 05:07 AM
you're still giving him a free-card to make a boat, flush, etc if he doesn't already have you beat. In which case, according to you, you call river bet anyway. Taking down the pot on the turn is more profitable than hoping to catch the blank river and calling. He is still able to make a mistake on turn. If diamond comes do you fold??? He

AceHiStation
11-15-2005, 12:05 PM
Easy easy call... expect a missed draw here plenty enough with KQ, or missed flush draw. I could also see 99, AT, but I make the call all day.

whitelime
11-15-2005, 08:18 PM
I call. He turns over 22. I think I make this call every time and expect to turn a profit...

On a side note, he played his hand pretty poorly.

Marlow
11-15-2005, 08:37 PM
Based on what he knew of your play, what do you think his best line was?

I think he needs to bet out on the flop. If he plays draws aggressively, then this is really his best option because his hand is nicely concealed.

thabadguy
11-15-2005, 08:38 PM
I had a very similar hand the other day
I had TT, flop is 732 2 spades
He checkraises me, i call...he checks turn 7..and fires 4o river.... i call..he flips up 22

whitelime
11-15-2005, 08:44 PM
C/R'ing or leading the flop are his best lines. The only hand that he is not getting all-in against me on that flop is AK, and maybe AQ. He risked killing his action.

iceman5
11-15-2005, 10:55 PM
I know this doesnt mean much now that I saw the results but before I saw them, I thought he had 99 and I wouldve folded.

Whether or not the call is +EV I would say is very read dependant, but I think its probably pretty close to neutral.

Alot of these guys who like to raise so much, min raise all the time with small pairs so I was pretty suspicious about this hand.