PDA

View Full Version : New System Album, "Hypnotize"

sthief09
11-15-2005, 12:32 AM
has anyone listened to it? it is one of the best albums I have EVER heard and I listen to a pretty broad range of music

bobbyi
11-15-2005, 12:38 AM
I haven't heard but am very excited about it. This tour was the first time I've seen them and I was very impressed. I still regret that when I was in high school I didn't go to see the playing with Primus at Irving Plaza because I had an AP test the next day. No sense of priorities.

sublime
11-15-2005, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
has anyone listened to it? it is one of the best albums I have EVER heard and I listen to a pretty broad range of music

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it have the song "dont call him a douchebag"?

sthief09
11-15-2005, 12:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it have the song "dont call him a douchebag"?

[/ QUOTE ]

nope though "vicinity of obscenity" is a funny song

sthief09
11-15-2005, 01:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't heard but am very excited about it. This tour was the first time I've seen them and I was very impressed. I still regret that when I was in high school I didn't go to see the playing with Primus at Irving Plaza because I had an AP test the next day. No sense of priorities.

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed them at continental airlines arena this summer because my girlfriend "felt bad" waking me up to meet up with my friends beforehand since they had the tickets because she figured I could go a little late

astroglide
11-15-2005, 01:06 AM
i went to a mr bungle/incubus/system of a down show and left after mr bungle opened

Sightless
11-15-2005, 01:12 AM
is it out yet? how did you listen to it?

Edit: It's leaked

Sightless
11-15-2005, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
is it out yet? how did you listen to it?

Edit: It's leaked

[/ QUOTE ]

Just listened tot he album, last two songs are pretty good, i like their melodic songs so much more than their crazy stuff

benza13
11-15-2005, 04:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i went to a mr bungle/incubus/system of a down show and left after mr bungle opened

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw this tour too, although I think Puya was on it too when I went. Everyone other than Puya was great.

daveymck
11-15-2005, 05:56 AM
Wheres the steaming pile of mountain I posted about this last night.

I think its slightly better than Mezmerize but not as good as toxicity, although I think its a grower and dont understand why they didnt make it a double album as its not that different in sound.

sthief09
11-15-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wheres the steaming pile of mountain I posted about this last night.

I think its slightly better than Mezmerize but not as good as toxicity, although I think its a grower and dont understand why they didnt make it a double album as its not that different in sound.

[/ QUOTE ]

toxicity might be my favorite album ever. I think this is comparable. usually albums take a while to grow on me and the first time through I just thought about how good it was. I feel it could be harder though. I didn't care for mesmerize at all

TimM
11-15-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
dont understand why they didnt make it a double album as its not that different in sound.

[/ QUOTE ]

It practically is considering the similarity in album titles and the two Soldier Side tracks.

I liked most of Mesmerize a lot but Hypnotize does seem better now that I listened to it on a proper volume level.

Oh, there's this too:

http://www.systemofadown.com/inter_art.jpg