PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play pokerroom on the cell phone?

RikaKazak
11-14-2005, 11:59 PM
I was curious what people thought about it. I know the rake structure is messed up but I plan on playing 10/20 limit or 15/30 limit so the rake structure really won't affect me.

Is it worth getting???

I called T-mobile and they said I could play through them for only $5.99 a month (unlimited amount), anyone else use T-Mobile?

Any particular phone someone would recomend getting?

Thanks in advance.

GoCubsGo
11-15-2005, 12:31 AM
This just seems ridiculous to me. When they first came out with it, I figured the only people that would even consider this would be the worst of donkeys. And yet, some 2+2ers have comtemplated it.

Wouldn't there be too many distractions? Wouldn't your reads be terrible? Wouldn't it just be too much of a hassle? What happens if you find a juicy table and then you need to quit to recharge your phone?

D.H.
11-15-2005, 05:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This just seems ridiculous to me. When they first came out with it, I figured the only people that would even consider this would be the worst of donkeys. And yet, some 2+2ers have comtemplated it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know the details of their mobile version but I don't understand your comments...

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't there be too many distractions?

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you're on a train or a bus with nothing else to do than reading a magazine or playing poker. More distractions than at home?

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't your reads be terrible?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is this any different than other online play? So, yeah, you won't have HUD but you can easily beat the games without it.

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't it just be too much of a hassle?

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain.

[ QUOTE ]
What happens if you find a juicy table and then you need to quit to recharge your phone?

[/ QUOTE ]

You go back to what you used to do in these situations. Read a magazine or whatever. You're probably not in a place where you can recharge your phone anyway, and if you are you can keep playing while recharging.