PDA

View Full Version : Gettin' jiggy with AA

Cumulonimbus
11-14-2005, 11:24 PM
I really liked this hand. Villian is tight, and very aggressive.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Nimbus is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Nimbus raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Nimbus calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Nimbus checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Nimbus raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Nimbus calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Nimbus bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Nimbus calls.

River: (10.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Nimbus checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Nimbus raises</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 14.75 BB

Borodog
11-14-2005, 11:43 PM
I can't think of a way to get more bets than that.

nh

Redd
11-15-2005, 12:13 AM
If you're not going to bet-3bet the turn, then why not cap the flop before your turn donk?

11-15-2005, 01:02 AM
I like your line. Esp not capping the flop to conceal your hand.
However, I feel it is kind of risky to go for the river CR against a TAG who might just check behind the river. Given the action tho I guess its just more pleasurable to finish off the hand that way.
Personally, I try not to get too fancy, and donk + 3 bet the turn, and leading the river wins me the same amount with less worries.

nice hand anyways

Cumulonimbus
11-15-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you're not going to bet-3bet the turn, then why not cap the flop before your turn donk?

[/ QUOTE ]

I planned on checkraising the turn assuming it wasn't a heart. But, since it was a heart, I donked it because I didn't want it checked through.

jskills
11-15-2005, 02:22 AM
3 betting the turn is a must. He could cap - but you eliminated that possibility.

Richard Berg
11-15-2005, 02:26 AM
3-bet the turn. Wins the same # of bets with less risk of whiffing.

jskills
11-15-2005, 10:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't think of a way to get more bets than that.

nh

[/ QUOTE ]

You should think a bit harder.

Redd
11-15-2005, 10:41 AM
Yeah, on the turn he's not raising without a heart very often and judging by the preflop action, it's high enough that he might go to war. I think we gotta 3bet the turn. If I didn't know the action would go bet-raise on the turn I'd likely cap the flop too.

bobhalford
11-15-2005, 01:57 PM
There's too much calling in this hand, not enough raising. When villain likes his hand this much, I would at least 3 bet the turn if you are going to take this line.

Cumulonimbus
11-15-2005, 03:06 PM
Ok now I'll explain my thinking... By his turn raise, it was evident he had the Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif or K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, or maybe the J/images/graemlins/heart.gif. And yes, if I 3-bet, there's a chance he would have capped. But I don't think he would have. He was a thinking opponent, and he would have smelt the Ace/images/graemlins/heart.gif pretty soon. I'm almost positive he would have called a 3-bet and called the river, which is 4 bets... which is the exact same amount I got out of him.

Now, provided I was VERY confident he'd bet the river if I checked to him, I went with that line because it not only got the four bets out, but it did two things: it made it look like I was totally bluffing the entire hand, so that my river checkraise would seem very odd to him... he might even 3-bet the river. Plus, it eliminated the very small chance of him folding the turn if I 3-bet and he only held, say, the Jack of hearts.

I still kinda think I should have 3-bet, but I think it's very close. Against this opponent, I'm happy with my line.

rmarotti
11-15-2005, 03:08 PM
FPS. You could have easily whiffed the river and missed a bet. re-raise the turn, bet the river. He'll call.

W. Deranged
11-15-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3-bet the turn. Wins the same # of bets with less risk of whiffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

It should at least be considered that some opponents would be willing to fold the K /images/graemlins/heart.gif or something like that to a turn three-bet but would bet the river when checked to. Not that that's a big consideration against this (or even most opponents) but it should be considered against skilled/tight-weak types.