PDA

View Full Version : 55

11-14-2005, 10:49 PM
PartyPoker - $0.50/$1 Texas - 10 players (Converter: PGC (http://client.pokergrader.com))

SB is 36/0/0.0 (11)
BB is 17/8/3.0 (86)
MP3 is 0/0/- (5)

Hero is Button with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif

PreFlop
<font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="blue">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="blue">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="blue">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="green">MP3 Calls</font>, <font color="blue">LP1 folds</font>, <font color="blue">CO folds</font>, <font color="green">Hero Calls</font>
<font color="green">SB Calls</font>, <font color="green">BB checks</font>

(4 players) FLOP: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ( Pot Size: 2.00 BB )
<font color="red">SB BETS</font>, <font color="blue">BB folds</font>, <font color="blue">MP3 folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero RAISES</font>
<font color="red">SB RAISES</font>, <font color="green">Hero Calls</font>

(2 players) TURN: Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif ( Pot Size: 5.00 BB )
<font color="red">SB BETS</font>, [b]<font color="blue">[i]Hero...

Final Pot:6.00 BB

macdaddy991
11-14-2005, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

Folds pre flop
if not,
folds flop
if not,
folds turn

11-14-2005, 10:53 PM
Fold the flop.

McGahee
11-14-2005, 10:54 PM
Ughh, I do not fold PF. Yeah, fold a lot postflop though.

11-14-2005, 10:54 PM
Just fold on the flop. There's no need to raise. You didn't hit your set and the pot is small.

macdaddy991
11-14-2005, 10:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ughh, I do not fold PF. Yeah, fold a lot postflop though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to always play this pre flop, but the small chance of catching a set will not be paid off because of the few number of players in the hand. I prefer a call if there are more limpers in front.

Actually in the hero's position, a PF raise might be better.

AlmightyJay
11-14-2005, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
PartyPoker - $0.50/$1 Texas - 10 players (Converter: PGC (http://client.pokergrader.com))

SB is 36/0/0.0 (11)
BB is 17/8/3.0 (86)
MP3 is 0/0/- (5)

Hero is Button with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif

PreFlop
<font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="blue">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="blue">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="blue">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="green">MP3 Calls</font>, <font color="blue">LP1 folds</font>, <font color="blue">CO folds</font>, <font color="green">Hero Calls</font>
<font color="green">SB Calls</font>, <font color="green">BB checks</font>

(4 players) FLOP: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ( Pot Size: 2.00 BB )
<font color="red">SB BETS</font>, <font color="blue">BB folds</font>, <font color="blue">MP3 folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero RAISES</font>
<font color="red">SB RAISES</font>, <font color="green">Hero Calls</font>

(2 players) TURN: Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif ( Pot Size: 5.00 BB )
<font color="red">SB BETS</font>, <font color="blue">Hero...

Final Pot:6.00 BB

[/ QUOTE ]</font><font color="black">

Folds, but then, I also fold on the flop and preflop.

HouseCalls
11-14-2005, 11:03 PM
Preflop - ok
Flop - 5 outs (at most) - two 5s, BDFD, BDSD. Therefore you are about 8:1 to win from here. The small pot only has 5 small bets including the small blinds bet so you can't call for value and a raise doesn't eliminate anyone...fold the flop

Nikademus
11-14-2005, 11:34 PM
Fold flop. Certainly don't raise it. If you call the flop, then fold turn.

11-15-2005, 12:22 AM
(grunch)

nice colors

55 is a set-making hand. You need more players to have good odds for hitting a set, so you should probably fold it. If you are not calling, then you should be raising it on the button. This may get it HU with a limper, and more than likely the flop will miss him and so you can pick up the pot on the flop.

The way you played it, you missed your set. SB is betting into you on a 2-overcard flop, and so I think this is an easy fold. 3-betting is total spewing. You're more than likely behind, and only have 2 outs to a much better hand.

On the turn SB is betting again and we have yet another overcard. We should fold here. That pot is still too small to hit our 2-outer (needs &gt;20BB).

This may have played differently had you raised pre-flop and would've played differently had you folded.

Redd
11-15-2005, 12:27 AM
If we're playing this preflop, IMO it needs to be with a raise.

11-15-2005, 12:37 AM
Warning: newbie grunching (now that I know what it means).

You have 1.5 outs for the backdoor diamonds and 2 outs the 5's. The pot is small and you're getting 5:1. That is marginal at best. Sure, the SB plays too many hands, but it's also true that s/he is extremely passive and has just bet into you. The flop missed you, man. Fold.

Oops, in case I wasn't clear, I meant fold the flop.

SoftcoreRevolt
11-15-2005, 12:46 AM
Raise preflop, if checked to bet flop, chuck vs any aggression.