PDA

View Full Version : Post your Boxing measurements

11-14-2005, 10:47 PM
OK, this will probably go down as the gayest thread ever but I was watching a bunch of Mike Tyson fights last weekend on ESPN Classic and they said his neck was 19-3/4". I found this grossly fascinating and I found a website on the internet with all kinds of stats for Heavyweight champions, including all of their "boxing measurements".

Since I had never measured my calves, wrists, or ankles, I thought it would be nice to know how I stack up. I'm not particularly big in any way, so this isn't some kind of brag post but it would be neat if everyone posted their measurements.

It's intriguing to see how different proportionally the human body can be. For instance, if memory serves, I have bigger calves than Evander Holyfield (and I have average-at-best calves.)

Here goes:

Height: 72"
Weight: 186 lbs.
Foot: size-12
Reach: 72"
Chest (norm): 39"
Chest (expanded): 40"
Waist: 33"
Biceps: 13-1/2"
Neck: 15-1/2"
Fist: 11"
Calves: 15-1/2"
Ankle: 10"
Thigh: 23"
Forearm: 12"
Wrist: 7-1/2"

I think the I have a rather large disparity between my calves and thighs. My thighs look large compared to my calves. My father has 19" calves and does not work out. I got my mom's chicken-legs. But I got my dad's thighs. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

I thought I had really short arms but apparently my span is exactly equal to my height. Most people's span is slightly greater than their height though, in actuality.

astroglide
11-14-2005, 11:01 PM
the best-case scenario for a [censored] thread like this is that you get several pages of non-digestable [censored]. people just post to answer, and nobody reads what anybody else posted. fun.