PDA

View Full Version : 15/30 Hand @ Party

MichaelOar
11-14-2005, 09:55 PM
"Reasonable" UTG limps. All fold to me in the SB. I raise with QQ. Loose/weak player in the BB calls as does UTG.

Flop is Jh6x6x. I bet, both call.

Turn is Th. I bet. BB raises. UTG cold calls. I . . .

Michael

Soh
11-14-2005, 10:29 PM
With Th and Jh on the board, there's a lot of draws out there, so some kind of draw is what the UTG probably has.

I'm sure you could be beat by BB with 6X, but I don't think you can fold here. Since it's only one bet to you, you should at least call, especailly because raise probably won't knock anyone out.

Soh

ps ...so what happned?

MichaelOar
11-14-2005, 11:11 PM
I call the turn and check the river after a blank hits.
BB bets the river. UTG folds and I make a crying call. BB shows J9o and MHIG!

Michael

flawless_victory
11-15-2005, 12:09 AM
raise again on turn.
not even close to me.

lil feller
11-15-2005, 01:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
raise again on turn.
not even close to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean 3bet the turn? Flawless, whats your WTSD% in full games? A lot of your responses are very aggressive, when compared to others, and i'm curious as to how your aggression affects your WTSD%. If you don't mind sharing, would you share?

lf

BigEndian
11-15-2005, 12:27 PM
I think it's reasonable to 3-bet the turn here against a lot of opponents and only call against others. And you haven't provided enough info on the BB to determine which bucket this falls in.

- Jim

SmileyEH
11-15-2005, 01:14 PM
The presence of the almost certain drawing hand of UTG makes it an easier 3bet I think as you'll be getting 2:1 on your money. Getting capped really sucks though.

-SmileyEH

11-15-2005, 02:02 PM
easy 3-bet on turn. villain could easily have J10 and think he has you beat.

11-15-2005, 03:27 PM
you.....RAISE. One of these guys probably has J10, and isn'r giving you credit for an OP, hehe, got to love it, and the coldcaller comes out of his shell here with a 6, and just calls on his draws.

RAISE

Tex

MichaelOar
11-16-2005, 01:24 PM
BB was something like 44/2 IIRC, that's why I felt like he was more likely to hold the 6. I think you guys are right though. I need to punish the UTG's drawing hand with a 3-bet.

Also, when I'm capped on the turn and a brick hits the river do I muck or call-toss my chips to the BB?

Michael

BigEndian
11-16-2005, 03:53 PM
Not to come across as redundant but this is still not enough info. How a player's numbers look PF is a vague representation for their play post flop.

Have you seen him play his hands stroing post flop? Has he been completely passive? When does he like to get jiggy if he does?

If he is a true passive type, I'm just calling here. There's no reason to "charge" the draw of the third player when you yourself stand a very reasonable chance to be behind, way behind.

- Jim