PDA

View Full Version : ****Official Fresno St. Upset USC Thread******

BWebb
11-14-2005, 08:56 PM
Just remember when I posted this. Trojans are going down this weekend to the hands of the 'Dogs! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tron
11-14-2005, 08:58 PM
Whoa, have you ever tried your hand at some open-mic comedy nights?

BWebb
11-14-2005, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Whoa, have you ever tried your hand at some open-mic comedy nights?

[/ QUOTE ]

Laugh now Tron. With all the money I win from this game, I will be able to buy babies for straight cash!

lastchance
11-14-2005, 11:09 PM
Fresno State is good, but USC is about a TD better than anyone not named Texas, and they're at home.

Fresno State stays in there for 3 quarters, but USC has too much in the end.

trying2learn
11-14-2005, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fresno State is good, but USC is about a TD better than anyone not named Texas, and they're at home.

Fresno State stays in there for 3 minutes , but USC has too much in the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

BWebb
11-15-2005, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Fresno State stays in there for 3 minutes , but USC has too much in the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious, is this because you think USC is so good or that Fresno State is bad?

MEbenhoe
11-15-2005, 01:53 AM
well if you really believe this you should go load up on Fresno St to win at +1540

SomethingClever
11-15-2005, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Fresno State stays in there for 3 seconds , but USC has too much in the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

[/ QUOTE ]

11-15-2005, 01:41 PM
Fresno St. has a decent team, but it would be very unfortunate if USC choked on one before my Longhorns got to kick the [censored] out of them. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

SomethingClever
11-15-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fresno St. has a decent team, but it would be very unfortunate if USC choked on one before my Longhorns got to kick the [censored] out of them. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think USC/Texas will be an f'in unbelievable matchup, and I really hope neither team screws it up.

As for who will win... here are my thoughts.

Vince Young gives you a chance against anyone. And of course, Texas has dominated this season. I became a believer after their bowl game against Michigan last year.

But DAMN... USC is so solid. I'd have to take them, and I think it's going to be close.

DCWildcat
11-15-2005, 05:22 PM
Call me crazy, but if Texas somehow lost and Miami got in, I'd put my money on Miami (if it was even money).

11-15-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Call me crazy, but if Texas somehow lost and Miami got in, I'd put my money on Miami (if it was even money).

[/ QUOTE ]

Miami has been looking better every game. Their defense has been good, but their offense is finally coming together.

pokerdirty
11-15-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Crazy.

lastchance
11-15-2005, 06:44 PM
You would get a lot of action from 2+2ers.

Tron
11-19-2005, 05:17 PM
I just read on ESPN that 20,000 Fresno State fans are expected to be at the Coliseum tonight... Wow.

BWebb
11-19-2005, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just read on ESPN that 20,000 Fresno State fans are expected to be at the Coliseum tonight... Wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

We roll deep! Unfortunately, I was unable to make it but I will be having people over to my house to watch the game. This is the most anticipated game in school history, mainly because this is one of our best (if not the best) teams ever and we are playing probably the greatest college football team of all time. As for this thread, I think you can tell I was joking. My hope is that it is a close game and we represent well. I know victory is a slim chance.

bugstud
11-19-2005, 06:47 PM
better than the David Carr team?

BWebb
11-19-2005, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
better than the David Carr team?

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely. That team was all offense, the defense wasn't good at all. We started with 3 big wins over Oregon St., Wisc and Colorado that year but we got lit up by Boise St., La Tech and Michigan St. Couldn't stop anybody. Plus, our run game is a little better this year as well.

11-20-2005, 12:44 AM
Fresno is off to a good start. 21-10 late in the 2nd quarter

Mike Cuneo
11-20-2005, 01:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Georgia Tech what?

bottomset
11-20-2005, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fresno is off to a good start. 21-10 late in the 2nd quarter

[/ QUOTE ]

and gets out scored 35-10 in the second half

lastchance
11-20-2005, 01:31 AM
Fresno State Goal line stand?

11-20-2005, 01:34 AM
USC will be up by 21 before the start of the 4th.

TomCollins
11-20-2005, 01:35 AM
Sigh, bye bye $4.

pudley4
11-20-2005, 01:42 AM
Reggie is winning the Heisman tonight.

WOW!

bottomset
11-20-2005, 01:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

WOW!

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah it should have been a runaway but for 6weeks they gave him the ball just 12-18times instead of 20-28

11-20-2005, 01:47 AM
Wait, make that halfway thru the 3rd.

TomCollins
11-20-2005, 01:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

WOW!

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah it should have been a runaway but for 6weeks they gave him the ball just 12-18times instead of 20-28

[/ QUOTE ]

Carroll isn't the Heisman/BCS Bowl begging Pimp that certain coaches are.

Jack of Arcades
11-20-2005, 01:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

WOW!

[/ QUOTE ]

He's gonna finish the year averaging 8.5 ypc.

thatpfunk
11-20-2005, 01:51 AM
Do they drink Super-Juice at halftime or something?

It's like night and day...

11-20-2005, 01:53 AM
If/when Bush wins this year..think what Carroll can say when he visits every recruit across the nation...

"Come and play for me. We have won 3 out of the last 5 Heismans."

Now who's going to turn that down?

TomCollins
11-20-2005, 01:55 AM
What happens is teams that are not as good as USC play really hyped up in the first half, and go all out. But USC's offense is just sick, and eventually the D runs out of gas and can't stop them.

bugstud
11-20-2005, 02:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What happens is teams that are not as good as USC play really hyped up in the first half, and go all out. But USC's offense is just sick, and eventually the D runs out of gas and can't stop them.

[/ QUOTE ]

note the difference in defense. Whenever FS hits a seam running the ball, they get 10 yards. Whenever bush does it, it's 30+

bottomset
11-20-2005, 02:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

WOW!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Carroll isn't the Heisman/BCS Bowl begging Pimp that certain coaches are.

[/ QUOTE ]

its called getting the best player the ball as often as he deserves

MyTurn2Raise
11-20-2005, 02:11 AM
what a terrible pick inside the ten!!!! USC better cover or the game gotta stay close. I need entertainment one way or the other.

TomCollins
11-20-2005, 02:12 AM
Rooting against USC football is more heartbreaking than being a Browns fan.

If USC wins, I would love to see Bush tear it up.

goofball
11-20-2005, 02:15 AM
Holy fcuk!

Is he even human?

MyTurn2Raise
11-20-2005, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

WOW!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's like playing a video game...ridiculous

TomCollins
11-20-2005, 02:16 AM
Bush Avg 17.5 yards per rush, 2 TDs, what a stud!

11-20-2005, 02:17 AM
Wow,
just wow.

11-20-2005, 02:17 AM
Bush needs to start practicing his speech.

TomCollins
11-20-2005, 02:19 AM
Wow, almost another pick for Fresno St. That guy is a gun-SLINGER

thatpfunk
11-20-2005, 02:43 AM
hello, excitement

lastchance
Fresno State ties the game! Upset brewing!

MEbenhoe
where's kyro? his boys are closing in on a NC berth.... wow

lastchance
11-20-2005, 02:45 AM
I still think USC will win, but Fresno State has a damn good chance of upsetting one of the best teams in the country.

Reggie Bush is still the best RB in the country, and Fresno State needs to stop him.

TomCollins
11-20-2005, 02:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I still think USC will win, but Fresno State has a damn good chance of upsetting one of the best teams in the country.

Reggie Bush is still the best RB in the country, and Fresno State needs to stop him.

[/ QUOTE ]

USC might as well put Bush in as QB to pump his numbers more.

lastchance
11-20-2005, 02:56 AM
Go for 2 here? I think that's the best idea with an offense like that and only 6 min left to go.

McGahee
11-20-2005, 03:01 AM
This announcer is the same guy who did the play-by-play in Rocky IV, right?
"Forget technique, forget strategy, this is just a street fight - no holds barred in Moscow!"

lastchance
11-20-2005, 03:17 AM
SC finally puts the game away. Tough one.

Dudd
11-20-2005, 03:20 AM
That was extremely dissapointing.

smb394
11-20-2005, 03:22 AM
Wow, what a game. SOOOOOOOOOO close.

EricW
To those of you who watched the game, could you tell me why the game was so close? I don't have fox sports net up here in Canada so i've been following the game on the live update on sportsline.com.

It seems that USC's special teams was mainly at fault here? I think like 3 of Fresno's TDs resulted from USC's poor performance at special teams which lead to Fresno St having ridiculous field position.

As well, it seemed like USC wasn't able to get the important stops on 3rd and 4th down?

Anyone care to chime in?

bottomset
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

USC might as well put Bush in as QB to pump his numbers more.

[/ QUOTE ]

let him throw LT(best RB at the next level, and Bush's target to dethrone) style??

MyTurn2Raise
fun game...entertaining to say the least

prediction:
USC 62 UCLA 43

TomCollins
11-20-2005, 03:24 AM
No defense on either team.

lastchance
11-20-2005, 03:25 AM
That, plus Fresno State's offense is excellent, and USC's defense isn't. (well, they're decent)

If Pinegar didn't throw so many picks and make so many bad decisions, USC would have lost this game.

Momo
11-20-2005, 03:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
To those of you who watched the game, could you tell me why the game was so close?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause USC is not a #1 calibur team.

BWebb
11-20-2005, 03:31 AM
Damn, hell of a game. We put up a good fight and played just about as well as we could. A few costly INTs (especially the one around the goalline), but Bush was too much tonight. Made a good showing, that's for sure. Lets hope we don't drop more than a couple spots in the rankings, if at all.

BWebb
11-20-2005, 03:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
To those of you who watched the game, could you tell me why the game was so close?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a homer, but it was close because Fresno St. has a very good team. People will say USC is overrated or their defense sucks, but Fresno was top 5 in the nation in scoring coming into the game. We have a great offensive line (able to run effectively in the second half and Pinegar had time to throw all night), good talent at the skills position and Pinegar is going to be another NFL QB from Fresno St. I hope it doesn't become 'SC is overrated' but rather that 'Fresno St. is a damn good team'.

Vote4Pedro
11-20-2005, 03:56 AM
Great [censored] game...so close

BWebb, do you goto Fresno St?

SossMan
11-20-2005, 03:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a homer, but it was close because Fresno St. has a very good team. People will say USC is overrated or their defense sucks, but Fresno was top 5 in the nation in scoring coming into the game. We have a great offensive line (able to run effectively in the second half and Pinegar had time to throw all night), good talent at the skills position and Pinegar is going to be another NFL QB from Fresno St. I hope it doesn't become 'SC is overrated' but rather that 'Fresno St. is a damn good team'.

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa whoa...have you seen Pinegar throw?? He makes Pennington's arm strength look like Dan Marino. Seriously, I think he just threw a knuckleball on that out rout.

BWebb
11-20-2005, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Great [censored] game...so close

BWebb, do you goto Fresno St?

[/ QUOTE ]

Graduated 2004. You?

BWebb
11-20-2005, 04:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

whoa whoa...have you seen Pinegar throw?? He makes Pennington's arm strength look like Dan Marino. Seriously, I think he just threw a knuckleball on that out rout.

[/ QUOTE ]

I watch every game and you couldn't be more wrong. I'm not saying he has a cannon, but he has more than enough arm strength to make it. I'd rate him between Carr and Volek in terms of arm strength for Fresno St. QBs. If you're talking about the out that knocked down, please realize he was throwing it from the other hash. That had to go about 30 yards in the air and the defender barely got there.

Vote4Pedro
11-20-2005, 04:06 AM
I'm finishing up my undergrad @ UC Davis right now, but I'll probably do some grad work in Fresno.

I'm originally from Visalia...

11-20-2005, 04:07 AM
It's really sad to know that LSU, the best team in the country, won't be able to play for the national title. Their defense can shut down any team and they have enough offense to move the ball on USC, because any offense can with that battered up secondary.

12ozLongneck
11-20-2005, 04:09 AM
Reggie Bush is good at football!

thatpfunk
11-20-2005, 04:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's really sad to know that LSU, the best team in the country, won't be able to play for the national title. Their defense can shut down any team and they have enough offense to move the ball on USC, because any offense can with that battered up secondary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad we pay attention to that whole "win-loss" overall record thing.

McGahee
11-20-2005, 04:17 AM
Huh? I find it hard to believe that it's possible for "the best team in the country that can shut down anybody" to blow a 21 point lead at home and lose vs. a mediocre team.

11-20-2005, 04:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Huh? I find it hard to believe that it's possible for "the best team in the country that can shut down anybody" to blow a 21 point lead at home and lose vs. a mediocre team.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was one early season game with a new coach. Look at the LSU team now and don't tell me that they cannot beat USC and their porous defense. LSU's team speed can CONTAIN Reggie Bush.

LSU wins 24-10.

11-20-2005, 04:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the funniest thing I've read in awhile. LSU got a "gift TD" in week 1 against Arizona State. Then the next week they blow a 24-7 lead after 3 quarters, to a "powerhouse" Tennessee offense at home! It's a good thing they will get the Big East champ in the Sugar Bowl.

McGahee
11-20-2005, 04:21 AM
What about the ASU game? I know they had to fly out there on short notice, but didn't the refs help them win that game?

11-20-2005, 04:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the funniest thing I've read in awhile. LSU got a "gift TD" in week 1 against Arizona State. Then the next week they blow a 24-7 lead after 3 quarters, to a "powerhouse" Tennessee offense at home! It's a good thing they will get the Big East champ in the Sugar Bowl.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm supposed to be impressed that the supposed 'national champs' can barely beat a WAC team and some scrub PAC 10 team? Paul Pinnegar looked awful special tonight, I'm not sure he put up 42 point efforts in high school or against a high school team right now.

LSU's defense would maul pretty boy Leinart. I'd love Reggie Bush's 'speed' to be matched with an actual defense. Last I looked the WAC didn't still have Marshall Faulk in his prime.

11-20-2005, 04:26 AM
Im not a USC fan at all. Im fairly sure the 33 wins in a row speak for themselves.

11-20-2005, 04:29 AM
I wouldnt make fun of WAC schools either, its better than scheduling Appalachian St., and North Texas.

lastchance
11-20-2005, 04:34 AM
Texas anyone? That team hasn't come close to losing a game since OSU, one of the top 10 teams in the country, top 5 in my book. They blew out a top 20 TTech unit by 35 points. They beat Colorado by 25.

LSU can beat USC, but USC's a better team. LSU's offense won't be able to get 20+ points on USC, and USC can score 30 points on anyone.

BWebb
11-20-2005, 04:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldnt make fun of WAC schools either, its better than scheduling Appalachian St., and North Texas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, don't know if you watched the game but they talked about how Fresno was trying to schedule LSU but they said no. They then went and added Appalachian St. to the schedule.

Jorge10
11-20-2005, 04:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm supposed to be impressed that the supposed 'national champs' can barely beat a WAC team and some scrub PAC 10 team? Paul Pinnegar looked awful special tonight, I'm not sure he put up 42 point efforts in high school or against a high school team right now.

LSU's defense would maul pretty boy Leinart. I'd love Reggie Bush's 'speed' to be matched with an actual defense. Last I looked the WAC didn't still have Marshall Faulk in his prime.

[/ QUOTE ]

A thread a while back in these forums talked about how LSU, Alabama, and Auburn all schedule scrubs for their non conference games in order to make it seem like they have amazing defenses.

During the game they said Fresno tried to play them, but LSU said no and instead picked some scrub a good high school team could beat.

I dont care about USC or LSU, but the article made a lot of sense and im pretty sure USC would crush LSU. Also Fresno played above their level. They played the best they could play and they lost, how about giving them a bit of credit. This was a team that lost to Oregon who USC crushed and yet they gave USC more problems than Oregon.

One last thing when LSU plays some real out of conference teams like USC did, Notre Dame anyone? Then LSU, Auburn and Alabama can whine, but first they have to play some real teams.

lastchance
11-20-2005, 05:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm supposed to be impressed that the supposed 'national champs' can beat Notre Dame?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, you are. Notre Dame could crush any team that the SEC has played out of conference.

Jorge10
11-20-2005, 05:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm supposed to be impressed that the supposed 'national champs' can beat Notre Dame?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, you are. Notre Dame could crush any team in the SEC.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think thats more accurate.

Clarkmeister
11-20-2005, 11:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, you are. Notre Dame could crush any team in the SEC.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's nuts.

Bulldog
11-20-2005, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
fun game...entertaining to say the least

prediction:
USC 62 UCLA 43

[/ QUOTE ]

My prediction:

UCLA 49 USC 42

followed by

Penn State 27 Texas 24!

TomCollins
11-20-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAH

You do realize losing to Tennessee AT HOME should immediately disqualify you. If that doesn't, having Les "Choke" Miles as coach is another reason.

All this "SEC IS about DEFENSE!" is crap, look at how good their defenses are when they play out of conference teams that go to bowl games.

bottomset
11-20-2005, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, you are. Notre Dame would get crushed by 3-4 teams in the SEC.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
You do realize losing to Tennessee AT HOME

[/ QUOTE ]

remeber when that game happened, that has plenty to do with it, and it was pretotal meltdown as well

Tron
11-20-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, I am glad that you are bitching and moaning, because college football wouldn't be the same without some BCS controversy.

Tron
11-20-2005, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess no one has responded to this becuase it's incredibly stupid, but what do you contend? That they're a #2 calibur team?

TomCollins
11-21-2005, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess no one has responded to this becuase it's incredibly stupid, but what do you contend? That they're a #2 calibur team?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously. You need to play a bunch of really crappy teams and one good team like Texas, or play a bunch of close games against good teams, win close, and lose to an awful team like LSU to be considered good.

Jorge10
11-21-2005, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Theres a keyboard attached to a computer and when I type stuff I can then click post and people read my message. The devil monkeys in my brain will finally have a voice!

I hope that post was a joke because if USC is not a #1 caliber team then no one that has played college football in the last 3 years is any good.

bernie
11-21-2005, 04:39 AM
Whatta game.

I wish the Pac 10 would hurry up and get Fresno St and Boise St in the conference.

b

B Dids
11-21-2005, 08:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't people think that UO's defense was really good when they played USC, how did that work out?

The SEC simply doens't play offense like they do in the Pac-10. Teams like LSU look great playing against avg offensive teams and then get rolled when they play out of conference.