PDA

View Full Version : Too passive?

Lash
11-14-2005, 06:27 PM
Reads: Button is selective aggressive, BB is a little loose pf, but solid overall – I think we all are aware of each others playing styles from previous sessions if not this one.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds.

Turn: (7.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 11.25 BB, between BB and Hero.</font>

Did I play this too passively? Keep in mind I respected the BB’s pf cap.

Spicymoose
11-14-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I think you were agressive enough preflop. First I would raise the flop. Given that you didn't, I would raise the turn. Given that you didn't, I would raise the river.

I think you might have played it a bit too passively.

istewart
11-14-2005, 06:32 PM
Why would you raise the river?

Drontier
11-14-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I think you were agressive enough preflop. First I would raise the flop. Given that you didn't, I would raise the turn. Given that you didn't, I would raise the river.

[/ QUOTE ]He was aggressive enough preflop??? He merely raised with KQs. How many hands are we raising the flop with and buying a free card. Even AK might 3 bet us here, I hate this. We really aren't beating anything the entire way except QQ. Why are we raising somewhere? This is played fine. He said he respects the cap. We beat QQ, lose to AK AQs AA KK JJ TT. Why are we raising!?

Spicymoose
11-14-2005, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why would you raise the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right, his passiveness made me overagressive /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Lash
11-14-2005, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, yeah I felt a little like a wuss after the hand... But if you put the pf capper on big pairs, AK or AQ, my play starts to look better. The only hand he may have that I have beat is QQ, or the remote chance he has AJ. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit... but that was my read.

Kimpan
11-14-2005, 06:45 PM
I would raise that turn..

Spicymoose
11-14-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]He was aggressive enough preflop??? He merely raised with KQs. How many hands are we raising the flop with and buying a free card. Even AK might 3 bet us here, I hate this. We really aren't beating anything the entire way except QQ. Why are we raising somewhere? This is played fine. He said he respects the cap. We beat QQ, lose to AK AQs AA KK JJ TT. Why are we raising!?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he might cap preflop with 99+, KJs+, AJs+, AJo+. Against 99, AK, AQ, which is 30 combos (slighty less because button may hold a A or K, thus reducing BB's chance of holding one), our raise is good, and buys us a free card fairly often. Against KJs, AJ, TT, JJ, which is 17 combos (again slightly less), we probably get 3-bet. This means that about 2 times we get to the river for 2 SB, and 1 time we get to the river for 5 SB. On top of the times we don't get our free card, we end up paying even more.

I started this trying to prove you wrong, but I guess I agree with you. Call the flop.

On the turn we only have 42% equity, so again just call.

On the river, I think a call is in order as well.

Wow. I guess I was the one who was completely wrong /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

jt1
11-14-2005, 07:44 PM
I play it the same way. If you're to raise anywhere then it's the river (more likely to see a SD) as long as you can fold to a 3 bet.

11-14-2005, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would raise that turn..

[/ QUOTE ]

Throwing the maximum amount of chips at the hands you lose to and folding all the hands you beat. Also, to the OP: you played this one well.