PDA

View Full Version : Overs...

krishanleong
11-14-2005, 06:11 PM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP calls, Hero calls.

Yes or no. Villian is a loose wacko. He'll 3-bet any pair JTo+. No read on MP.

Krishan

jason_t
11-14-2005, 06:13 PM
Your cards are red. You don't have a draw.

Fianchetto
11-14-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes or no. Villian is a loose wacko. He'll 3-bet any pair JTo+. No read on MP.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. What are you hoping for?

If HU, maybe...but even then, this is a horrible flop for you.

EvanJC
11-14-2005, 06:15 PM
would 3.5 clean outs be a good guess? i really don't know.

11-14-2005, 06:15 PM
man dude, this is pretty bad...

muck that [censored] or you ain't gettin 100k.

Drontier
11-14-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villian is a loose wacko. He'll 3-bet any pair JTo+.
Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]So why are we not capping?

Surfbullet
11-14-2005, 06:18 PM
I don't mind the peel closing the action getting 12:1. There's no reason to believe our non-flush card outs aren't good.

Surf

Lmn55d
11-14-2005, 06:25 PM
I think you definitely need to cap preflop against that player, especially with some random-donk mp limper stuck in the middle.

billyjex
11-14-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't mind the peel closing the action getting 12:1. There's no reason to believe our non-flush card outs aren't good.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the reverse implied odds of another club coming even if we hit a non club A or Q? What about the fact we could be drawing dead (not likely, but possible.) This seems bad to me.

Spicymoose
11-14-2005, 06:33 PM
You need about 3 outs for a 15:1 odds. You have 4 non club outs. If you hit one of those, you have been reverse dominated, and you lose more. If you arn't reverse dominated, 18% of the time a club comes and kills your weak top pair. I think you can fold.

Drontier
11-14-2005, 06:37 PM
Given how you played the hand, I like the flop call. My intent would be to raise any nonclub turn. This would be one of the few times I free showdown raise. If the guy in between wakes up first, I'm out. If a club falls, I'm out. This is what happens when we don't cap pf. We have a hand much stronger than what villain can credit us for, but it makes it a nightmare to play postflop.

krishanleong
11-14-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Villian is a loose wacko. He'll 3-bet any pair JTo+.
Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]So why are we not capping?

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot to cap.

Krishan

krishanleong
11-14-2005, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your cards are red. You don't have a draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing that made me want to continue the most is that the board is so small. It really doesn't have any cards in the playing zone.

Krishan

krishanleong
11-14-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Given how you played the hand, I like the flop call. My intent would be to raise any nonclub turn. This would be one of the few times I free showdown raise. If the guy in between wakes up first, I'm out. If a club falls, I'm out. This is what happens when we don't cap pf. We have a hand much stronger than what villain can credit us for, but it makes it a nightmare to play postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ballsy plan. I use to do this HU once in a while. Haven't done it in a while though. I'm not sure I can see it 3-way though. Maybe...

Krishan

Surfbullet
11-14-2005, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the reverse implied odds of another club coming even if we hit a non club A or Q? What about the fact we could be drawing dead (not likely, but possible.) This seems bad to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I worry about these things in small pots. In pots that are 12sb to me on the flop I want to maximize my chances of winning, not worry about what happens in the worst case scenario.

In fact, if we were acting directly after the LAG I'd advocate raising this flop. This board helps so few hands improve to a better hand than ours - if villain is capping JTo+ 77+ then we are ahead of the lion's share of his hand range. Sure, sometimes we'll be drawing to 2 outs against QxQ/images/graemlins/club.gif but most times he'll have KQ no club or AT one club, or some-such. The caller's flop call isn't especially threatening and I really like another poster's plan of raising a safe turn for a free showdown.

Surf

edit: cap preflop

Drontier
11-14-2005, 07:34 PM
this is why my variance is off the roof.