PDA

View Full Version : $109... I wanna be a balla

bigt439
11-14-2005, 05:48 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

MP2 (t1269)
MP3 (t1550)
CO (t972)
Button (t885)
SB (t1145)
Hero (t1050)
UTG (t404)
UTG+1 (t945)
UTG+2 (t860)
MP1 (t920)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls t30, Button calls t30, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t150) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t120</font>, MP2 calls t120, CO calls t120, Button folds, SB folds.

Turn: (t510) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets t250</font>, CO calls t250, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ?</font>

Checked to see what went down, but I was likely c/r'ing a single bettor. Let 'er rip.

HonchoOverload
11-14-2005, 05:51 PM
CO looks like 98 or middle pair (possibly 88 or 99?). It doesn't smell like an overcall wiht a monster because with your check on the turn he's probably thinking he'll lose you with a call or a raise. And although I'm a little wary of a bottom set from MP2, I'm checkpushing TPTK in this situation.

Kanchi
11-14-2005, 05:51 PM
Folds very quickly.

The Don
11-14-2005, 05:53 PM
I think that someone HAS to have 22 or 77 here. There is one (reasonable) draw and the odds are just too long against 2 other players having weaker tens. JJ may be a possibility. That being said, I fold.

freemoney
11-14-2005, 06:12 PM
you have to have reads, whether or not they are regulars or whatever b/c this hand is highly read dependent, a bad player in the CO might call with a 7, any 10, straight draw or only with hands that beat AT. i dont think pushing can be far too off.

junkmail3
11-14-2005, 06:16 PM
What do you think about a check-raise fold to a push on the flop here?

As for the turn, I think I could let it go.

Folding it won't kill you, and you'll be in for at least 500 if you call here.

zambonidrivr
11-14-2005, 06:22 PM
I think check raising is bad, as it leaves you zip and pip. Perhaps check raising all in is an option, but really.... why this move so early? You have plenty of FE left. Limped pots are tough and tough to put someone on a range here.

j

EverettKings
11-14-2005, 06:26 PM
On flops like this I prefer to check/raise or check/call/probably lead. If you just lead out the flop, if they call you're lost and can see a million bad turn cards, if they raise you're lost and can fold or play this pot for your whole stack.

Any spot where they know a lot about your hand and you know very little about theirs is not pretty. Especially out of position.

Everett

rybones
11-14-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was likely c/r'ing a single bettor.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this line if it were a "single bettor;" however, you were called in two places with your flop bet and now there are still two left to act if you do raise. Any amount other than a push is bad imo.

With that in mind, what could mp2 have? he bet half the pot into 2 others? If he is taking a stab on a draw it is a bad stab. Sure, it could be a stab, but it could also be trips. Then the CO cold calls. Imo it looks like he either wants in in for the ride as he has trips, or he figures he has implied odds if his draw hits. My guess is one of them is on a draw and the other has trips. Imo there is no way they are both playing draws! one certainly has a bigger hand than you and will call your push.

Alas, 1 other and your check raise is good. Against 2 others not so much. Fold.

So what happened.

Ryan

inyaface
11-14-2005, 09:57 PM
I like a check call flop and lead the turn here.

bigt439
11-14-2005, 10:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like a check call flop and lead the turn here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely should have done this. I don't think my line is horrible, but I think this one is better. I like my proposed turn line, I don't like the action I got as a result. I think I should've folded. If it was a two tone flop I don't think I would've. I pushed, first guy folded and the second guy called with JT. I think I got lucky though. Board is too dry for this action to not have me beat enough to make this a fold. I still have plenty of chips behind too. Bah.

bones
11-15-2005, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you just lead out the flop, if they call you're lost and can see a million bad turn cards

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's the key part of this hand.

inyaface
11-15-2005, 12:51 AM
You also forget people are donks at the 109's. I'm not scared of the cold caller behind the original bet but him leading after you bet is a bit bizzare. I don't think your beat by him enough to fold but the problem is just calling is horrific. I guess since the cold call behind doesn't seem super strong you can count his chips as dead and go ahead and repush...as it turns out he isn't strong but he gives you free chips. I still think that you made this hand way harder to play then it should have been because when I looked at this the first time I was lost by the guy leading the turn. Like I said I still think your ahead of him enough that a push is ok.

bigt439
11-15-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You also forget people are donks at the 109's. I'm not scared of the cold caller behind the original bet but him leading after you bet is a bit bizzare. I don't think your beat by him enough to fold but the problem is just calling is horrific. I guess since the cold call behind doesn't seem super strong you can count his chips as dead and go ahead and repush...as it turns out he isn't strong but he gives you free chips. I still think that you made this hand way harder to play then it should have been because when I looked at this the first time I was lost by the guy leading the turn. Like I said I still think your ahead of him enough that a push is ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh I dunno. Again we're in agreement on checking the flop, but given we are where we are on the turn, I don't think you can automatically say the cold call is weak. Bad play goes both ways, and that includes slowplaying incorrectly. I think whether to push or not is really close, close enough that if it was two tone I would definitely push because it's that much easier to put the second player on a draw. I think it doesn't make a huge difference whether I push or not. There aren't alot of hands I beat that I can put them on (I'm running our of T's and draws), but there aren't alot of hands I can put them on that beat me. Meh, I'm not upset with my push, but I don't think I would've been upset with a fold. I think it's pretty close to EV neutral. Again though, should've checked the flop. Brain cramp.