PDA

View Full Version : part value bet, part free card play

hobbsmann
11-14-2005, 05:43 PM
live game. CO seems to be a decent TAG after a couple of orbits and probably views me the same.

foldsss, CO opens, I 3-bet A /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif on the button, blinds fold, CO calls.

flop (5.5 sb) A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif
CO checks, I bet, CO raises, I 3-bet, CO calls.

turn (5.75 bb) T /images/graemlins/heart.gif
CO checks, and I think I really need to take a free card here, but bet anyway.

krimson
11-14-2005, 06:08 PM
I really don't see the CO c/r'ing the flop without an ace, which is quite likely bigger than yours. I would probably just check the turn and call any river (raising a flush, obviously).

AT and AJ are both very probable hands for him to have, and we're then forced to put 2 bets in drawing, when we could have drawn for free.

edit: i do like the 3-bet on the flop though. Even if he has AJ he will likely try to c/r the turn.

callmedonnie
11-14-2005, 06:14 PM
I don't know. At first I was in complete agreement on the checking the turn but here I think I might bet. I think you might have fold equity still on turn and you still have outs if you are behind. Basically, I hate to check behind and miss and be lead into and have a decision. I would prefer to bet and then I can showdown free on river.

brettbrettr
11-14-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know. At first I was in complete agreement on the checking the turn but here I think I might bet. I think you might have fold equity still on turn and you still have outs if you are behind. Basically, I hate to check behind and miss and be lead into and have a decision. I would prefer to bet and then I can showdown free on river.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have basically no fold equity here.

deception5
11-14-2005, 06:15 PM
I think you should bet here. If c/r'd, you can call and fold the river unimproved. You will often have the option of a free showdown when the opponent calls. Also checking will usually freeze your opponent up on the river when the 3rd flush card comes down. There aren't too many hands you mind folding here either.

brettbrettr
11-14-2005, 06:22 PM
You realize that betting here and being check-raised allows our opponent to play his hand 100% perfectly and has nothing to do with whether or not the river is a club.

Put it together guys. He open-raised form a steal spot. We three-bet. He check-raised an ace high flop. I think your fold equity is like zero. I'm not saying you're getting check-raised on the turn alot of the time, but it seems fairly likely that we're behind here and we have to see the river.

krimson
11-14-2005, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Calling a river bet is not a hard decision.

Jake (The Snake)
11-14-2005, 07:49 PM
I think this is a check. As Brett has pointed out, fold equity is nearly zilch and that ten is not a good turn card for us. We could be seeing a c/r quite often here.

Check behind with outs. Helps with implied odds too.

The only way a bet is correct here is if we are still ahead a very significant amount of the time, and I don't see it.

private joker
11-14-2005, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a check.

[/ QUOTE ]

Borodog
11-14-2005, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a check.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

W. Deranged
11-14-2005, 09:18 PM
Check. When he bets into you on a crub river, raise.

Joe Tall
11-15-2005, 03:43 AM
Take the free card and call the river bet.