PDA

View Full Version : Poker School Online

tek
11-14-2005, 05:18 PM
any good?

bdmcgraw
11-14-2005, 06:57 PM
Not worth the money. Sign up for the free trial and read the few essays they have that are worth it.

The "play money" that plays as real money is a joke. I am not positive on this but if I remember it was next to impossible to actually get any real money from winning tournaments.

Your money would be much better spent buying a 2+2 book or even just practicing in super low buy in multi's.

11-16-2005, 10:47 AM
It's not worth it, at least it wasn't for me. Basically you get about 2000 in play money chips and you use those like real money to try building a bankroll. If everyone on the site used the play money as if it was real money then it might be a worthwhile training tool. But most of the players just play wrecklessly because it's play money. I watched one of the players who was in the top five play one of the NL ring games... He just kept going all-in preflop until he got lucky and tripled up.

There are a few good articles to read along with some decent audio files to download, but nothing you can't get out of some of the better poker books.