PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is wrong with women???

college kid
11-14-2005, 05:05 PM
What is wrong with women (usually attractive ones, but this holds true for most all)? I've just watched and noticed how almost universally all women are attracted to jerks. I was talking about this with a friend about four months ago, and he told me that I should try being really cocky and almost to the point of mean and see what happens. Now before then, I’ve had moderate success with women and not really worried about it. But I started stomping all over them and it’s worked wonders—now not that that part isn’t great, but I am still shocked by it. I can understand women wanting a confident and assertive type of guy—more of a “man” and all that—but even that’s not enough. I have been downright mean and it is paying huge dividends. But I don’t like it. I hate having to ignore or insult somebody I actually like. That bothers me. I think I want a girl who I can be more equal with and who respects me but won’t put up with stupid chit like what I have been doing. I mean seriously—I’ve had the following conversation, word for word.

Girl: Jesus, you really are an a**hole.
Me: Yeah, but you like it and you’re still going to sleep with me.
Girl: F**k off.

And you know what happened the next night? Exactly my point. So what the hell is wrong with women? Or am I just being stupid and have found a jackpot and should stop complaining?

jokerthief
11-14-2005, 05:06 PM
Women are foolish.

asofel
11-14-2005, 05:07 PM
paging dominic, yada yada...

diebitter
11-14-2005, 05:10 PM
Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get [censored] by dicks. But dicks also [censored] assholes: assholes that just want to [censored] on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can [censored] an [censored] is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they [censored] too much or [censored] when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of [censored] that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us [censored] this [censored], we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in [censored]!

Peter666
11-14-2005, 05:13 PM
You've hit the psychological jackpot, stop complaining.

11-14-2005, 05:13 PM
Women are crazy. Men are stupid.

Doesn't this belong in the "Life's Greatest Mysteries" thread?

ScottieK

11-14-2005, 05:15 PM
I think you have stumbled on the one fundamental truth of life.

Women are crazy and the root of all that is evil in the world. Now go out and take advantage of it before they buy their first cat and start mutating into the hideous beast known as "single 35 year old".

diebitter
11-14-2005, 05:17 PM
I differ with all this bs.

The key is confidence, not a-holeness. You can be confident without walking all over a woman.

Georgia Avenue
11-14-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've just watched and noticed how almost universally all women are attracted to jerks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aww that's sweet...your first time.

This is a hackneyed old observation son. What you really noticed is that some women are perennial victims because, since they have been abused or damaged, they mistake aggression for confidence. Non-defective women respect only the latter.

11-14-2005, 05:21 PM
You're a college kid so you're probably dating college girls. They're insecure. When you treat them badly, they want to feel better about themselves. They sleep with you to prove to themselves that they can. These are not women. These are girls.

But you're right, for some reason many girls like arrogant pricks and are willing to pretend they don't treat them badly.

Blarg
11-14-2005, 05:21 PM
Dude, they screw us, so you know they have to be a little deranged to begin with. I mean look at yourself -- would YOU [censored] you?

11-14-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Women are crazy. Men are stupid.

Doesn't this belong in the "Life's Greatest Mysteries" thread?

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope - since its not much of a mystery to anyone. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

tdarko
11-14-2005, 05:24 PM
i read the title of the thread and your screename and decided to not read the actual thread /images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

Blarg
11-14-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've just watched and noticed how almost universally all women are attracted to jerks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aww that's sweet...your first time.

This is a hackneyed old observation son. What you really noticed is that some women are perennial victims because, since they have been abused or damaged, they mistake aggression for confidence. Non-defective women respect only the latter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite true. They often mix the two up, and even when they don't, think the aggression will be directed at others. This is one reason so many women get stuck with abusive guys; they stupidly think the abuse will stop at the front door. It generally won't.

Eventually many of them even get used to it and crave the drama. Sad, but it happens plenty.

Blarg
11-14-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you have stumbled on the one fundamental truth of life.

Women are crazy and the root of all that is evil in the world. Now go out and take advantage of it before they buy their first cat and start mutating into the hideous beast known as "single 35 year old".

[/ QUOTE ]

heheheh

And start getting a man's haircut, running to fat, and somehow still thinking they're "pretty anyway."

imported_The Vibesman
11-14-2005, 05:26 PM
I think the key phrase in Georgia's post is "non-defective women."

11-14-2005, 05:29 PM
Honestly though, its a self esteem thing. They get the thought into their head that the dude is the greatest thing out there and they cant do any better. Some fear being alone for any period of time and some simply cant handle dating.

This one girl, a very close friend of mine, is just like this. She is smart, educated and about the most beautiful woman I know in real life. Her boyfriend is a prick and needs to be kicked in the nuts. He treats her like crap, cheats on her, has another girlfriend (also quite moronic about him) and generally is the biggest asstard on the planet.

She cant stay broken up with him for more than about 3 weeks. This has been going on for about 4 years now. She is miserable 95% of the time. Her rational..."we both like doing the same things"

Right - because its hard to find a guy that doesnt like to drink and go to concerts.

imported_anacardo
11-14-2005, 05:32 PM
What are you describing is an issue of difference in human temperament that I will refer to as The Demographic Problem. Basically - the far greater mass of men and women function in love as animals do - pursuer and pursued, fox and sheep. A much smaller minority, the sort of people primarily (but not exclusively) concered with ideas rather than with concrete experience, conform more to the idealistic "soulmate" notion. Both of these paradigms are fine for the people in them, more or less, but they probably shouldn't mix.

My point: You've hit upon the method that's more probably likely to score with any given chick, but which is highly unlikely to score with the sort of girl that you actually want. Take the buffet now and start saving up for the steak and lobster, I guess.

diebitter
11-14-2005, 05:33 PM
Very well put, anacardo,

do it in haiku to be really impressive.

siccjay
11-14-2005, 05:36 PM
To get the type of girl you are looking for, you need to find a median between [censored] and nice guy. Still be cocky and funny. Insults are good, when you are joking around. Make sure she knows you are playing though.

Georgia Avenue
11-14-2005, 05:37 PM
Some chicks are messed up,
Daddy's fault, no doubt. [censored] 'em
but don't be: "that guy."

Blarg
11-14-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the key phrase in Georgia's post is "non-defective women."

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the concept of anyone being non-defective is faulty.

And at any rate, it certainly couldn't speak to the highest majority of either men or women.

diebitter
11-14-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Some chicks are messed up,
Daddy's fault, no doubt. [censored] 'em
but don't be: "that guy."

[/ QUOTE ]

Or...
Ass-hol-ed ness works
to get girls who lack spirit
But spirit is all!

Peter666
11-14-2005, 05:44 PM
"And start getting a man's haircut, running to fat, and somehow still thinking they're "pretty anyway.""

You've just described every woman over 30 I know in North America except for couple.

Blarg
11-14-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Honestly though, its a self esteem thing. They get the thought into their head that the dude is the greatest thing out there and they cant do any better. Some fear being alone for any period of time and some simply cant handle dating.

This one girl, a very close friend of mine, is just like this. She is smart, educated and about the most beautiful woman I know in real life. Her boyfriend is a prick and needs to be kicked in the nuts. He treats her like crap, cheats on her, has another girlfriend (also quite moronic about him) and generally is the biggest asstard on the planet.

She cant stay broken up with him for more than about 3 weeks. This has been going on for about 4 years now. She is miserable 95% of the time. Her rational..."we both like doing the same things"

Right - because its hard to find a guy that doesnt like to drink and go to concerts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha.

You're right on about the fear of being alone. I think that fear is very real in them and can run very, very deep in a way guys just can't relate to at all, or even close.

That's one reason why a woman will stay with a guy, ANY guy at all, until she has another guy to move on to. Lots of them just go from guy to guy because they have some kind of primal fear of being alone and unwanted for even a day. Being alone is a huge failure for many women in a way and proof of their worthlessness and undesirability, whereas for men, it's know from the get-go that basically the world views you as an expendable pile of crap only a few laws keep from being incinerated outright, and it's being with someone, not alone, that's the more extraordinary and difficult thing. For a guy, being alone is the least of your problems.

Blarg
11-14-2005, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Very well put, anacardo,

do it in haiku to be really impressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heheh, I saw that and was going to say, no, that's diebitter, but you ARE diebitter! Trying to pass your job off to somebody else, eh? Lazy haikuing bastid.

Georgia Avenue
Well, I think we're just quibbleing about numbers. I'd say the majority of women do not find macho asholishness or straight-out rudeness attractive. I think this because when I look around at the women I know at work and in my personal life, they may be with schlubby-losers, but not with jerks. I remember being a bitter college kid and snarking about the same thing, (Girls are stupid, they love guys who are mean wah wah) but my real problem was that I was too much of a wuss to talk to very hot chicks and resented the idiots who were confident enough to make it happen. Every girl does date at least one utter jerk, but the only ones who stay have serious psychological problems.

As a side note, check out "Shopgirl" if you want to learn how to pick up women. Not the world's best movie, but Steve Martin's moves would make him the OOT's all-time leading scorer.

diebitter
[ QUOTE ]

Heheh, I saw that and was going to say, no, that's diebitter, but you ARE diebitter! Trying to pass your job off to somebody else, eh? Lazy haikuing bastid with the charisma and sexual prowess of some coiled, jungle cat.

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP

and see about 7 posts previous. I gave it a shot.

11-14-2005, 05:51 PM
This is the worst "I had sex with a girl last night and I'm now getting it regularly" thread I've ever seen.

Blarg
11-14-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What are you describing is an issue of difference in human temperament that I will refer to as The Demographic Problem. Basically - the far greater mass of men and women function in love as animals do - pursuer and pursued, fox and sheep. A much smaller minority, the sort of people primarily (but not exclusively) concered with ideas rather than with concrete experience, conform more to the idealistic "soulmate" notion. Both of these paradigms are fine for the people in them, more or less, but they probably shouldn't mix.

My point: You've hit upon the method that's more probably likely to score with any given chick, but which is highly unlikely to score with the sort of girl that you actually want. Take the buffet now and start saving up for the steak and lobster, I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interestingly said.

I think there's overlap though, actually. Few people are fully formed, much less perfectly so. The instinctual that makes for one type of approach working well is present in everyone. Sometimes we'd just like to pretend we're all different.

But your girl in MENSA is, bizarrely enough, just as likely to go gaga over a thug and a bitchin' tattoo as anyone. Moreso, sometimes.

Will they want to marry them? Maybe, maybe not. Will they prefer to [censored] them over the nice guy type? Hell yes followed by many exclamation points.

Interestingly enough, as some girls become women and age, that can change. Growing up seems to do women at least as much good as it does men.

But there's still always that instinctual desire for a forceful male in most all women except the ones that want to completely run over the top of men and dominate them into little worms. (Nice phallic symbol there, that turned out well.)

Peter666
11-14-2005, 05:54 PM
You MUST be English.

11-14-2005, 05:57 PM
Tell her I like to drink and go to concerts. Went to Def Leppard / Cheap Trick a couple weeks ago.

See, no great mystery /images/graemlins/wink.gif

ScottieK

Blarg
11-14-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, I think we're just quibbleing about numbers. I'd say the majority of women do not find macho asholishness or straight-out rudeness attractive. I think this because when I look around at the women I know at work and in my personal life, they may be with schlubby-losers, but not with jerks. I remember being a bitter college kid and snarking about the same thing, (Girls are stupid, they love guys who are mean wah wah) but my real problem was that I was too much of a wuss to talk to very hot chicks and resented the idiots who were confident enough to make it happen. Every girl does date at least one utter jerk, but the only ones who stay have serious psychological problems.

As a side note, check out "Shopgirl" if you want to learn how to pick up women. Not the world's best movie, but Steve Martin's moves would make him the OOT's all-time leading scorer.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a chicken and egg problem too.

Girls still developing their sexuality, self-conception, and romantic and sexual preferences hooking up with jerks will have their minds developed accordingly about what relationships are tolerable and desirable to them, and what types of guys are sexy and aren't. Just like the girl with an abusive dad sees abusive guys as less abnormal and undesirable, girls who later come into their dating and banging years will have their sexuality and preferences strongly influenced by the type of guys they are with.

For the really young ones, who are all about looks and who's the coolest and how you can and MUST look cooler by being with them, jerks are way at the top of the sexual food chain.

That's one reason I always say I like women, but girls are a pain. Women who have been through the wringer a few times, and put themselves through it and know it, sometimes grow up and become completely different persons, stop talking about make-up so much or thinking that what pants you or they wear is a critical life issue, and become much less screwed up and more real.

But first they have to get out of that cycle that so many put themselves in when young, of going from one jerk to another, trying to solve the problem of how to be happy with jerks. Eventually only a portion of them decide that jerks are cool anymore, with the rest splitting off into either bitter man-haters or mature women who get tired of the whole business of both being and dating jerks entirely.

imported_anacardo
11-14-2005, 06:05 PM
I'm not going to argue with any of this. I just want to make it clear that I'm speaking in terms of tendency, rather than some absolute wired destiny, and (maybe more importantly) in terms of what is BEST, rather than what is always going to happen.

And yes, I am alternately amazed and horrifed at the power of relentless, unselfconscious audacity.

11-14-2005, 06:06 PM
Hey girl, do you want
Respect, love, and all that s#$t?
No? Then start sucking.

diebitter
11-14-2005, 06:08 PM
Ah, [censored]. I've started another haiku thread. by hijack this time. Everyone's gonna get pissed off again, aren't they. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

MyTurn2Raise
11-14-2005, 06:19 PM
Don't be an AFC (http://www.fastseduction.com/guide/01_The_Basic_Rules/niceguys.shtml)

Lazymeatball
11-14-2005, 06:26 PM
I find the best method is to tell women there is a cop on the phone with you and that you are being forced to subject them to strip searches and sodomy.

coffeecrazy1
11-14-2005, 06:28 PM
Man...we need a button for this, with as many threads there are about this:

Dr. Dom, please report to this thread.

zephed
11-14-2005, 06:51 PM
college_kid,
women like to test you to see how much they can get away with it. Do you see why your game is so successful now?

They are aware of how ridiculous their behavior is, I wouldn't be surprised if they felt that they "deserved" your rude treatment.

CORed
11-14-2005, 07:12 PM
What the hell is wrong with women?

Sorry I don't have a month to spare to tell you.

swede123
11-14-2005, 07:25 PM
You're asking all the wrong questions. Ask not what is wrong with women, but what is right! And to that, my friend, I have the answer:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a71/jonasola/Emilia_Rizzo010.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a71/jonasola/LimaVSV240223.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a71/jonasola/e4eMelissa_Theuriau016.jpg

Swede

Blarg
11-14-2005, 07:27 PM
I think this is the right approach and will save us all a lot of trouble.

Dynasty
11-14-2005, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a71/jonasola/e4eMelissa_Theuriau016.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a video of her (http://www.collegehumor.com/movies/1607981/)

Dominic
11-14-2005, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Man...we need a button for this, with as many threads there are about this:

Dr. Dom, please report to this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't be saying anything different than most of the posts in this thread already...

except maybe, "duh."

imported_anacardo
11-15-2005, 02:01 AM
A**holes get dumb cows
True that these are plentiful
But not what you need.

Like calls out to like.
Act as you were born to act
Classy dames follow.

diebitter
11-15-2005, 02:07 AM
great work, anacardo. You got the haiku thing going too, huh?

You did a man's job, sah!

imported_anacardo
11-15-2005, 02:08 AM
Far be it from me to turn down a challenge.

I'd say they're even 60-70% true.

MEbenhoe
11-15-2005, 02:30 AM
i agree with you in the sense that i dont want to be with a girl who would take me being an ass hole to her. yes certain types of girls will respond well to that, but it depends on what you're looking for.

what you do need to have though is confidence and initiative. dont screw around, if you like a girl let her know it and be confident with it too. also, there is a big difference between being an ass hole and what is healthy playfullness between a couple. I rip on my gf all the time, and she rips on me all the time too, but its not done in an ass hole way, its done in a nice playful way which adds fun to the relationship. but i could never be an ass hole to her, and shes never been bitchy to me in anyway. it seems like thats the type of exchange you want, so its just a matter of finding the right girl for that.

InchoateHand
11-15-2005, 03:14 AM
Wow, how insightful, luckily there isn't an entire swarming industry on addressing this question in every venue from Oprah to Sex in the City. Perhaps you could start a revolution! I know, how about "Women are from Neptune, You are from my Anus?" Or perhaps as an alternate title, you could consider "You're Okay, I'm a [censored] up little clichemonkey."

manpower
11-15-2005, 03:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would it be accurate to just paraphrase this all by saying different people desire different levels of commitment?

To the OP: you don't need to be an ass as long as you're still confident and interesting.

manpower
11-15-2005, 03:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't be an AFC (http://www.fastseduction.com/guide/01_The_Basic_Rules/niceguys.shtml)

[/ QUOTE ]
On second thought, this link explains it better than we could.

imported_anacardo
11-15-2005, 04:01 AM
No, I don't think so. Completely different kinds of commitment, different kinds of relationships, are implied here.
They can both be very successful or miserable in their own ways, but for rather different reasons, and towards rather different goals.

manpower
11-15-2005, 04:05 AM
But wouldn't that imply that relationships in which one person believes in soulmates and the other doesn't couldn't exist in a healthy state? It seems to me they would as long as both people were commited to each other.