PDA

View Full Version : Kq in the cut off,

ANY2CARDZ
11-14-2005, 03:55 PM
Paradise 2-4 limit 10 handed
First orbit, no reads.
Villian raises UTG, folds around to Hero in the cutoff calls with Kc-Qh off, Blinds fold.
Flop is kd-5c-2c UTG bets, whats Hero's line from here on out?

hobbsmann
11-14-2005, 03:58 PM
fold preflop.

As played, raise the flop and call down if 3-bet unless you spike a Q, in which you shoudl raise again.

ANY2CARDZ
11-14-2005, 04:10 PM
Under what conditions would you justify calling a raise with kq off?

brettbrettr
11-14-2005, 04:13 PM
Fold pre-flop.

Now, just call his bets. If he checks, bet.

brettbrettr
11-14-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As played, raise the flop and call down if 3-bet unless you spike a Q, in which you shoudl raise again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should we raise this flop? I think its simpler to simply go wa/wb in position.

krimson
11-14-2005, 04:15 PM

KQo, basically never. KQs maybe with lots of cold callers. Against a LAG or a late position raise by a TAG I would 3-bet it as opposed to cold-calling.

An UTG player is raising AJ+ ATs+ KJs+ 99+ or so. We're behind/dominated by the majority of his range.

hobbsmann
11-14-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
In the BB to HJ/CO openraise. In the sb with a loose BB to a CO/Button openraise. Also, I 3-bet these situations a lot as well.

Otherwise if you think KQo is likely ahead of a villain's range than 3-bet. Cold calling with offsuit hands pretty much sucks.

mtdoak
11-14-2005, 04:17 PM
3 bet or fold, IMHO. Your off suit hand plays better heads up. Take the lead, drive the blinds out, or get out of the hand. With no read, probably muck it.

hobbsmann
11-14-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should we raise this flop? I think its simpler to simply go wa/wb in position.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ahhh, good point. I change my answer: wa/wb.

gopnik
11-14-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold pre-flop.

Now, just call his bets. If he checks, bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

ANY2CARDZ
11-14-2005, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the input.
Turn was 4c, vilian bet, I called
River was a 8h, villian bet I called.
Other than the preflop call, is this line ok?
I used to almost always raise this on the flop, but after reading a few posts about similar hands, it seems Im better off seeing calling down. If he has a hand like jj or 10-10 let him bet it the whole way, or if he has a hand like aa, or ak, I see a showdown for as cheap as possible. Is this Correct?

"Why should we raise this flop? I think its simpler to simply go wa/wb in position. " What does "wa/wb" stand for?

brettbrettr
11-14-2005, 04:52 PM
wa/wb is "way ahead, way behind" In position, its easy. Your goal is to put in one bet on every street. Hence, call or bet if checked to.

hobbsmann
11-14-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What does "wa/wb" stand for?

[/ QUOTE ]
way ahead/way behind. It is short for the situation you described in your post as it wins you the most when ahead of a hand that will fold to aggresion from you and costs you the least when you are behind a bigger hand.

11-14-2005, 05:00 PM
I don't mind cold calling the raise. I cold call AJ and KQ liberally without a read to the contrary.

On the flop you are probably ahead, and it's not like AJ or AQ are going to fold although they will probably check the turn. So I'd raise, if he three bets call down. This gets more action from JJ / 1010

brettbrettr
11-14-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I cold call AJ and KQ liberally without a read to the contrary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me no likey.

W. Deranged
11-14-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I cold call AJ and KQ liberally without a read to the contrary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me no likey.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that Noam Chomsky has some pretty liberal poiltical opinions, but being liberal about cold-calling KQo and AJo is not an approach befitting an intellectual of his caliber.

In other words, cold-calling KQo and AJo generally just really sucks.