PDA

View Full Version : Padoogi Sucks

andyfox
11-14-2005, 03:42 PM
Bigtime.

That is all.

11-14-2005, 03:45 PM
So, we should just all go home now? Bummer. I was just getting started.

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Rick Nebiolo
11-14-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bigtime.

That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it even though I'm terrible (but not as clueless as I am in 2-7 triple draw). I can see why the big game players put it in the rotation.

That get dealt three, discard down to one with suits that mattered really sucked.

~ Rick

Gabe
11-14-2005, 05:55 PM
Sorry.

GuyOnTilt
11-14-2005, 08:31 PM
You could not be more wrong.

GoT

AceHigh
11-14-2005, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Padoogi Sucks

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't you know if was created to seperate good hold 'em players from there cash?

Klepton
11-15-2005, 12:34 AM
in vegas, GoT, CDC, DeathDonkey, Bugstud, Goofball, and I played 5-10 padugi (that's how tey spell it, i pronounce it "badugi")

we played for about 3 hours, and it was the most fun i've ever had at a poker table.

Randy_Refeld
11-15-2005, 12:38 AM
I always thougth it was spelled paduki. I have never played it.

Luv2DriveTT
11-15-2005, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bigtime.

That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been playing it a lot since they added it at Doyle's Room, its a brutal game... much harder than Triple Draw. You have to be prepared for some significant swings Andy, its not a game for the weak hearted.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

andyfox
11-15-2005, 01:09 PM
Apology accepted.

sfer
11-15-2005, 01:29 PM
This is the meanest post you've ever made.

Gabe
11-15-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
... much harder than Triple Draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

If a hypothetical guy was to call on the end with 76543 in 2-7 TD, and stand pat, before the first draw and bet all the way with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif in Padoogi, would you say, for him, both games would likely be equally difficult?

Luv2DriveTT
11-15-2005, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
... much harder than Triple Draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

If a hypothetical guy was to call on the end with 76543 in 2-7 TD, and stand pat, before the first draw and bet all the way with A /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif in Padoogi, would you say, for him, both games would likely be equally difficult?

[/ QUOTE ]

A straight is an understandable error to make for someone new to the 2-7 lowball format, than that godawful hand in Paduggi. Hypothetically speaking of course /images/graemlins/wink.gif

But neither hand can beat Bison Bison raising all streets with a full house when he played Sfer's (pre-Daver days) stack during the last 2-7 match at the Wynn. That was the worst hand I've ever seen played down at that game, nothing can compare.

BigBaitsim (milo)
11-15-2005, 09:24 PM
Milo's Magoofest stack prior to Padugi = -$280.

Milo's Magoofest stack after one orbit of Padugi = +$45.

20 minutes.

81 BB.

B Dids
11-18-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You could not be more wrong.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

/sign

I love this game!

andyfox
11-18-2005, 02:28 PM
Have you ever seen any of my other posts?

GuyOnTilt
11-18-2005, 02:56 PM
Who are you?

GoT

Vincent Lepore
11-18-2005, 04:27 PM
How come "sucks" wasn't censored. Try talking that way with the name Vincent Lepore and see what happens. Greg Raymer loves that game Padoogi, Paduki, padoggy or however you spell it. Of course he's a real gambler!

Vince

John Cole
11-19-2005, 07:09 PM
It feels good to laugh out loud. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Justin A
11-20-2005, 04:38 PM
Obviously we should have played more Hold Your Dick.

(Hold Your Dick is a great new poker game invented by mike l.)

Luv2DriveTT
11-20-2005, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Start 'splaining gentlemen...

John Bedtelyon
11-20-2005, 08:15 PM
Anyone out there writing a Badugi book? I hope Brunson can add a section onto his Super System books.

JMB

Luv2DriveTT
11-20-2005, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone out there writing a Badugi book? I hope Brunson can add a section onto his Super System books.

JMB

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny you should say that. I'm playing in a "private" 10/20 game in NYC last weekend, player to my right is Sheree. Lets just say that Sheree is a very popular player to have in the games here. The table is talking about other poker games, and I mention that Doyles Room is now spreading Badugi. Sheree says "what's Badugi?", so I explain the concept of the game, and that its mostly been spread on the west coast in the biggest of rotations until recently.

Sheree leans over and tells me (for what is probably the 13th time) that she just finished writing two books with Lou Krieger, and if I was interested in writing a book on Badugi with her she can get it published. I smiled politely and played with my chips.

andyfox
11-21-2005, 02:54 AM
If we had played that, it would have been the first time I would have known what you had in your hand the whole night.

andyfox
11-21-2005, 02:57 AM
I'm still waiting to find out the hypothetical chances of that same hypothetical guy losing with a 5-4-2-1 padoogie.

Hypothetically speaking.

Some guys are just dense. When I play blackjack, I have to take my pants off to count to 21.

andyfox
11-21-2005, 02:59 AM
I'm available to write it. It will be one sentence:

"The secret of winning is to play with me."

Josh W
11-21-2005, 03:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm. It looks like the book will also need an addendum, because your book has flaws in it that I've spotted.

I mean, I didn't hardly drag any padoogi pots, and it wasn't for a lack of trying. I was in every dang one of em.

J

Justin A
11-21-2005, 09:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Start 'splaining gentlemen...

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a variation on pineapple. You start with three cards, and you ditch one after the flop and one after the turn, and you end up with just one card. So basically you're left holding your dick.

dibbs
11-21-2005, 12:36 PM
I think its odd this game gets more buzz than TD despite the fact its harder and more obscure , the holdem goons at all of our college games have even been talking about it, and they whine when someone calls stud in dealers choice.

Luv2DriveTT
11-22-2005, 01:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a best seller Andy /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Luv2DriveTT
11-22-2005, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think its odd this game gets more buzz than TD despite the fact its harder and more obscure , the holdem goons at all of our college games have even been talking about it, and they whine when someone calls stud in dealers choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

The donkeys and serious gamboolers seem to like Badugi because if the play optimal strategy (which is rather easy to do but tedious), they have a nearly 50/50 chance of making their hand - a coin flip.