PDA

View Full Version : I have 8 days left on my iPod limited warranty. How do I get one free?

11-14-2005, 03:32 PM
Ok, so in 8 days my warranty runs out. I want a snazzy new 30GB one, so somehow in the next 8 days this one has to break, and Apple has to accept it to be REPLACED, not repaired.

What is my play? $15 to anyone who comes up with a solution that gets me a funky new iPod full of pr0n.

Warranty Information (http://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/ipodisight.html)

jesusarenque
11-14-2005, 03:33 PM
Pay the $50 to get a one-year extension on your warranty and you will have a lot longer to come up with something.

11-14-2005, 03:36 PM
I got mine replaces when the port fell apart. Just plug it in and out a few hundred times. It will come apart.

But I wouldnt hold your breath on getting a free updrade. You are not the first to think of this.

11-14-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pay the $50 to get a one-year extension on your warranty and you will have a lot longer to come up with something.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I pay this $50, can I just drop it a few dozen times and get a new one?

11-14-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No - they wont replace something that has had obvious abuse.

FouTight
11-14-2005, 03:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No - they wont replace something that has had obvious abuse.

[/ QUOTE ]

which is where the microwave comes in... 15 seconds on high. Not that I recommend this practice.

edit...
I didn't even notice this was for money... SHIPT IT!

JonPKibble
11-14-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, so in 8 days my warranty runs out. I want a snazzy new 30GB one, so somehow in the next 8 days this one has to break, and Apple has to accept it to be REPLACED, not repaired.

[/ QUOTE ]

YSSCKY

11-14-2005, 04:38 PM
That's why you repeatedly slam it against a carpeted surface.