PDA

View Full Version : Guns?

duk
11-14-2005, 02:39 PM
Inspired by, and in the interest of not hijacking, the Glock thread, I would like to hear stories about gun use. Please keep it non-political. I lead a sheltered life and have not yet come across a situation where I would have wanted a gun, but I would like to hear about situations in which guns were useful, other than the standard gun-play situations like hunting and firing ranges.

Again, the less we bring political views into this, the better. Bring on the gun stories!

Hiding
11-14-2005, 02:55 PM
I had one pointed at me in Oxford Ohio, I was at Miami University at the time. Nothing happened, I was trashed and gave them the finger and they drove off. (lucky)

11-14-2005, 03:01 PM
I live on Long Island, and am very familiar with NYC (assuming that's where you live). Despite its' reputation, New York City is safer from violent crime as it's been in a long time (non-terrorist related.) I looked up per capita violent crime statistics, and saw just about all of the safest states are here in the northeast. It's just different in other parts of the country.

Think about it. Do they ever film 'COPS' in Tarrytown, White Plains, or Great Neck?

miajag81
11-14-2005, 03:01 PM
I've been skeet shooting a few times. Fun stuff. Hunting seems like it would be loads of fun, but I'm not really into the whole killing animals for sport thing. I've never fired a handgun. I will probably purchase one and get the proper training when I own a home.

-Skeme-
11-14-2005, 03:34 PM
A buff ass black pimp down in Cincinatti pulled his "burna" on a few friends of mine in Sept. That's about it.

matt hooley
11-14-2005, 04:05 PM
ok, so people can pull a gun and point it at you, why does that make you want to have one too?

11-14-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ok, so people can pull a gun and point it at you, why does that make you want to have one too?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://porkypig.free.fr/1983/scarface.jpg

I won't type the dialogue; we all know the line.

djoyce003
11-14-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because you don't want to get killed for lack of shooting back?

11-14-2005, 04:16 PM
This happened about a decade ago:

I'm sitting in my apartment reading a book at around 1 or 2 am. I hear some commotion outside on my balcony so I walk over, peek through the blind and there's some strange black guy out there. There's absolutely no reason for him to be there so I grab my Glock 21, walk over to the door, and loudly chamber a round, look out the window again and blacky is hustling, double time down the steps.

MonkeeMan
11-14-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This happened about a decade ago:

I'm sitting in my apartment reading a book at around 1 or 2 am. I hear some commotion outside on my balcony so I walk over, peek through the blind and there's some strange black guy out there. There's absolutely no reason for him to be there so I grab my Glock 21, walk over to the door, and loudly chamber a round, look out the window again and blacky is hustling, double time down the steps.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you're black?

11-14-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So, you're black?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm a whitey.