PDA

View Full Version : Can We Fool God?

11-14-2005, 01:50 PM
If at anytime, we have the ability to accept Jesus as our savior and gain absolution for our sins...

Does this mean that I can purposefuly lead a "sinful" life, drinking, gambling, whoring, abusing my fellow man...and then, when I know my time of death is near ACCEPT Jesus?

If it is possible for me to fully believe in God, yet abstain from practicing what I know to be right because of this loophole...

Then why not just do all the nasty crap you want and accept god near the end of your life, when you are 95 years old or terminally ill, etc?

Does God decide you were trying to cut corners and send you to hell anyway? If God is capable of knowing when you cut corners and punishing you accordingly, that means it is your intentions he judges as opposed to your stated beliefs.

If God judges intentions rather than stated beliefs, than it will be rational, sensitive, intelligent and compassionate beings who enter heaven regardless of their stated religion.

If God simply lets you into heaven based on a verbal or mental acceptance of Jesus as your savior, than a lot of evil, corrupt people make it into Heaven on a technicality.

-g

DougShrapnel
11-14-2005, 01:52 PM
Are you the guy who needs 200 posts to be found credible?

11-14-2005, 02:14 PM
Are you the guy who decides what is an appopriate amount of posts?

Trantor
11-14-2005, 02:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, that was me! But as it happens I was inclined to make the same reply to another series of posts but that thread got so long i thought it would get lost in the noise.

It has been argued that an atheist who believes in no absolute moral code must feel able to go out and "rape and murder" as it pleases. This to me is an demonstration of why that argument doesn't hold. The same argument would apply to anyone believing in death bed confessions and absolution...as the option is always available surely they too would just go out and rape and murder people. Of course, these people don't just as atheists don't (speaking generally, of course).

I also wondered, and indeed commented on, why the poster thought these were the prefered sins in the poster's mind but that that is another issue!

The irony is only people who truly believe in God and therefore that the deeds they commit are truly evil and abhorent to God will get away with it!

It's not so much fooling God as playing the system as He designed it and wants it to be played!

(post 208!)

11-14-2005, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
BTW this comment is coming from a guy who posts this (see below)Learn to spell and then we can talk...

God allows "evil" people to change thier belief about the correctness of robbing banks or rapping women. So what does that say about or crimianl system

DougShrapnel
11-14-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
BTW this comment is coming from a guy who posts this (see below)Learn to spell and then we can talk...

God allows "evil" people to change thier belief about the correctness of robbing banks or rapping women. So what does that say about or crimianl system

[/ QUOTE ]Don't be daft my good man. Read trantors post, and you'll see that I just had a case of mistaken identity. My grammer and speeling is incorrect because when read backwards there is a 2nd message.

RJT
11-14-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gorv,

Doug was facetiously referring to an off-the-cuff remark that David S had made to one of Trantor’s (it seems) posts a few weeks ago.

RJT

DougShrapnel
11-14-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gorv,

Doug was facetiously referring to an off-the-cuff remark that David S had made to one of Trantor’s (it seems) posts a few weeks ago.

RJT

[/ QUOTE ]Yup, I made a mistake. Good to know you got my back.

11-14-2005, 03:52 PM
I just made the point that the man couldn't spell and based on many of his posts this is an accurate statement. Only reason I brought it up was his sarcastic response to my thread.
-g

DougShrapnel
11-14-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just made the point that the man couldn't spell and based on many of his posts this is an accurate statement. Only reason I brought it up was his sarcastic response to my thread.
-g

[/ QUOTE ]Fair enough, but I wasn't being sarcastic, lets just drop it.

11-14-2005, 04:03 PM
Consider it dropped.
-g