PDA

View Full Version : 8-tabling and such

HonchoOverload
11-14-2005, 12:01 PM
I've noticed that some of you play 8 tables at once. I can maybe handle 3 six handed tables at once before I just don't notice player characteristics anymore and have a hard time making effective decisions. How the hell does one do 8?!??!?!

SuitedSixes
11-14-2005, 12:02 PM
We don't play 6-max.

splashpot
11-14-2005, 12:14 PM
And we don't notice player characteristics. At least I don't. It's not necessary at the levels I play.

Hornacek
11-14-2005, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We don't play 6-max.

[/ QUOTE ]

8-tabling 8 ITM tables gets tough, but I'll relish that challenge every set if I could. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

smoore
11-14-2005, 12:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We don't play 6-max.

[/ QUOTE ]

8-tabling 8 ITM tables gets tough, but I'll relish that challenge every set if I could. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the best problems to have, huh? The other day I managed to ITM all four of my $11's and it was insane... I don't think I need to buy another monitor until I can handle that particular situation better.

ZeroPointMachine
11-14-2005, 01:20 PM
I just started 8-tabling at the 20s this weekend to get my feet wet. My results were pretty decent, but I know my play was far from optimal. I really seemed to struggle around the middle stages. One table would be in ITM, 1-2 would be on the bubble, and 3-4 would be in pre-bubble(5-7 player). The action speeds up at this point because of the reduced number of players but I would generally still have 6-8 tables in play. The biggest -EV change in my game was a tendancy to shy away from re-steals because I just didn't have the read I wanted to make the move. Hopefully, I will adjust after a few hundred more games.

Hornacek
11-14-2005, 01:32 PM
When are you starting your games? If you start a set all at once, they should all approach the bubble at approx. the same time.

splashpot
11-14-2005, 01:35 PM
Actually, my biggest problem playing 8 tables is keeping track of which tables I'm short stacked and which ones I'm big stacked. Lots of times I'll fold a hand like A7o in the CO only to remember that I only have 6BB left and a push would have been correct.

HonchoOverload
11-14-2005, 01:39 PM
Yeah, the 6-max thing is nice though because I can play 3-4 an hour and I'm rarely ever playing more than 2 at once. Part of my game is moving passive players off of questionable hands and check-raising aggressive players, and I feel when I've got four windows up and I have to make a decision every three seconds I just can't keep track.

KennyBanya
11-14-2005, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When are you starting your games? If you start a set all at once, they should all approach the bubble at approx. the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only play 4 tables and start them all as quickly as I can. The tables frequently are at different levels after 20 or more minutes. Also the bubble can be level 4 in one game and level 7 in another, even if they are moving at close to the same pace.

When I make the bubble and/or the money on 4 tables at once, I often wonder how 8 tablers do it, especially the "continuous" style of 8 tabling as opposed to 8 tabling in sets.

Peace,

KennyBanya

astarck
11-14-2005, 01:54 PM
If he were to play continuously only the first set or two would mostly bubble around the same time. It can become a "different level mess" very quickly.

ZeroPointMachine
11-14-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I start all eight at the same time. You would think that they would stay fairly even, but at the 20s this doesn't seem to be the case. Often I find that one or two tables are especially fast and loose (yeah for me). However, this leads to me being heads-up on one of these tables while the others are far behind. My ITM play also suffers on these tables where we are ITM with low blinds (100/200) that require a little more finesse to play properly.