PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on where/how to invest *DELETED*

Predator314
11-14-2005, 11:08 AM
Post deleted by Predator314

Reef
11-14-2005, 11:12 AM
If you're gonna get more of these 4-5k checks, I'd save up for investment property. If it's a one time pop, a mutual fund seems ok.

Predator314
11-14-2005, 11:15 AM
That was actually the first thing I asked when I got my envelope, but it doesn't work that way.

I really didn't get a check. I just got an envelope with a dollar figure. What I have to do is make the decision where I want to invest the money and then the company writes a check to the broker or whatever.

joshman1204
11-14-2005, 11:16 AM
post this on the stock market board and you should get plenty of answers.

Lazymeatball
11-14-2005, 11:16 AM
ok, find a mutual found that invests in properties, construction, etc.

wdcbooks
11-14-2005, 11:25 AM
A SEP IRA is an arrangement where the employer and only the employer puts in money on your behalf. You must open a SEP IRA account and then direct the employer to deposit it into your account.

Your best bet will be a mutual fund that invests in a broad range of different sizes and types of companies. I would go to www.vanguard.com. (http://www.vanguard.com.) The offer a good variety of very low cost investments. Vanguard Total Stock Market Index is an easy choice that invests across the entire market.

You can open the account online and go from there.

I am a financial planner by trade, but please remember that I am not yours. This is general advice. Given your assets though I wouldn't go to a bank or a broker to open the SEP as the fees would be fairly steep.