PDA

View Full Version : PP General Question: Use of the auto "Bet Pot" option

11-14-2005, 10:52 AM
This is something I've been wondering about recently, and it came up yesterday late in a MTT. Figured I'd post and ask. I don't know if other sites offer similar options, but on PartyPoker, when you are clicking the options to make a move when it's not your turn yet, so you can auto-fold/call/etc when it gets to you, there is an option for "Bet Pot" so when its your action, you automatically bet the pot. I only play on PP, so I don't know if other sites offer that.

Yesterday, ITM in the $5 R&A, about 140 players left. I've got a below average 9 BB stack, catch AKo UTG+2. UTG folds, UTG+1 had the automatic "Bet Pot" checked (or at least it seemed that way, given how quickly he made that exact bet). With 10BB left and needing to build a stack to survive deep, I was going all-in with that hand, and was knocked out when he turned over KK and I didn't catch an ace.

So the general question is this...are people more likely to use the auto "Bet Pot" option when they have a very strong hand? For people on these forums, do you it at all? Is it something people use as a "bluff" technique to try and represent a stronger hand that you're willing to bet with no matter what action happens before you?

Personally, I pretty much never use it. When I'm going to make a big bet, I want to make sure I think about it given the action of everyone else before me and size my bet appropriately.