PDA

View Full Version : The New Curb Your Enthusiasm

Rushmore
11-14-2005, 09:39 AM
Very few laughs in "The Seder."

Sure, it picked up a little at the end, but overall, pretty weak.

I did, however, enjoy Larry's question to Cheryl:

"What would Jesus do??!"

Slow Play Ray
11-14-2005, 09:51 AM
That's disappointing to hear...regardless, this will be my lunchtime Tivo viewing.

Yeti
11-14-2005, 08:13 PM
Disappointing, again.

Cheryl just keeps getting hotter though.

Rushmore
11-14-2005, 08:24 PM
I mean, what the hell? How could they not kno wthat there were virtually no laughs (with the exception of the aforementioned "WWJD?" line) at all for the first 75% of the episode? And even after that...eh.

Even the very end was just so lame.

I don't know. I guess it feels the same as the first time I saw Mick Jagger and David Bowie do the video for "Dancing in the Street," which was, I'm sure we can all agree, the day when Satan took control of the Earth.

I can only hope that we never see Larry David, dressed in a too-baggy pastel-colored suit, engaged in a homosexual dance-off with Steve Martin or John Cleese anytime soon.

Yeti
11-14-2005, 08:26 PM
I felt this way with an episode a couple of weeks back though, no laughs at all. And people liked that one.

A lot of the time it depends what mood I'm in. I don't always find CYE uproariously funny, but if I'm in the right mood, I will. Similarly if I'm in a bad mood, I'm happy to sit there watching silently, whilst still enjoying myself.

But yeah, this one was pretty boring.

benza13
11-14-2005, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can only hope that we never see Larry David, dressed in a too-baggy pastel-colored suit, engaged in a homosexual dance-off with Steve Martin or John Cleese anytime soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

But wouldn't Steven Martin v John Cleese in baggy, pastel suits be a great homosexual dance-off.

RacersEdge
11-14-2005, 08:35 PM
I liked this episode - I have never seen one I didn't like though. Even the little comments that his wife makes like "you getting a new friend is something I don;t hear very much" is funny. The "you people" was funny. The WWJD was hilarious.

I guess I just really like the show.

Notice the parallel to the Seinfeld episode where Jerry made fun that a dermatologist doesn't do anything important - just like Larry was talking about a cosmotologist being unimportant. Same with the bathroom magazine Larry threw away - like the bathroom book George tried to return to the bookstore.

Yeti
11-14-2005, 08:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Even the little comments that his wife makes like "you getting a new friend is something I don;t hear very much" is funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the funniest bit of the episode for me.