PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever stood up a date?

11-14-2005, 09:27 AM
Have you ever stood up a date?

If so, did you make a conscious decision to or was it an accident like maybe you just forgot or something?

What were the circumstances? Did you feel feel bad about it?

Did you ever call or talk to the person again?

miajag81
11-14-2005, 09:30 AM
Did it just this weekend. Was supposed to go out with a friend of a friend on kind of a group date Saturday night, but came down with a "migraine" (read: just didn't feel like going to some random bar with people I don't know/like all that much) I guess it wasn't a true stand-up though, as I told her a couple hours beforehand I wouldn't be able to make it - it's not like I just didn't show up.

11-14-2005, 09:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I guess it wasn't a true stand-up though, as I told her a couple hours beforehand I wouldn't be able to make it - it's not like I just didn't show up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't count this for a couple of reasons. You told her in advance, and it was a group so it's not like she was just sitting at a bar by herself waiting for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bulldog
11-14-2005, 10:48 AM
I once turned my car around 10 minutes into a date and took her ass back home, because she was incredibly annoying, but no actual stand ups.

diebitter
11-14-2005, 10:55 AM
I dumped a girl on the way to a wedding reception. It was like a first date after meeting in a club, she asked me to go to a wedding reception when I rang her and I agreed reluctantly , and then before hanging up, she said 'all my friends want to meet you.'

This made me wary, cos she'd been gushing about someone she barely knew, and when I met her, she said something about being a couple and hinted at engagement/marriage (I'm not kidding).

I dumped her there and then pretty easily. She was 22, and I just told her my real age (16, not the 21 I'd told her originally) and told her I was sorry and couldn't possibly expect her to forgive it. And then left before she could talk.

I was a tool back then, but hey I was young and the engaged/wedding thing freaked me out.

FouTight
11-14-2005, 11:07 AM
this is only very slightly related, but a funny story so I will tell...

I worked at a movie theatre when I first started college, the place had just opened, 15 screens, it was the big new thing in town, and we had a LOT of people working there...

one kid kinda looked like James vanderbeek (sp?) from Dawson's creek, so we always called him "Dawson", in fact, a lot of people only knew him as that.

Well, he couldn't follow through with anything, he was in management training, and pretty much failed that and was stuck as an usher until he quit. Then he finally got a manager job at a different theatre, which he apparently quit. Then he joined the army and went AWOL (quit).

We got a kick out of Dawson and his apparent ability not to finish ANYTHING. Then, one day I was at work, still at the theatre, and Dawson shows up with a date, a pretty hot girl actually, which isn't surprising, he was not an ugly dude, and was pretty much a jerk, so, girls seemed to like him.

Well, we talk for a minute, he goes into his movie, didnt' think anything of it, it was a busy night. About 45 minutes later, a girl comes out of a theatre and asks me "Have you seen jon?" and I looked at her confused and asked what she was talking about. She said "Jon, you were talking to him when we came in."

At this point I realized that Dawson's name was actually Jon, and this girl couldn't find him. I said "No, I haven't seen him."

She says that he went to the bathroom about40 minutes ago and never came back, so I went and checked the mens room to see if he was cleaning his guts or something, but no Dawson.

Dude just left her.

In the middle of the movie, he just up and went to the bathroom, and left her there. and I had to tell her this. She was crying, it was amazing. Guy couldn't even finish a date.

Lazymeatball
11-14-2005, 11:24 AM
so did you swoop in and pick up the hot chick?

FouTight
11-14-2005, 11:51 AM
I was dating my manager at the time, so I think it would have been ackward to ask for the rest of the night off to give this girl a "ride"

11-14-2005, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dumped a girl on the way to a wedding reception. It was like a first date after meeting in a club, she asked me to go to a wedding reception when I rang her and I agreed reluctantly , and then before hanging up, she said 'all my friends want to meet you.'

This made me wary, cos she'd been gushing about someone she barely knew, and when I met her, she said something about being a couple and hinted at engagement/marriage (I'm not kidding).

I dumped her there and then pretty easily. She was 22, and I just told her my real age (16, not the 21 I'd told her originally) and told her I was sorry and couldn't possibly expect her to forgive it. And then left before she could talk.

I was a tool back then, but hey I was young and the engaged/wedding thing freaked me out.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF. I wish I could pick up 21 year olds when I was 16.

TripleH68
11-14-2005, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This should scare any man at any age.

diebitter
11-14-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This should scare any man at any age.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially on like the start of the first date, huh /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

PokerFink
11-14-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You were completely within your rights as a man to dump her on the spot.

11-14-2005, 04:29 PM
No girls have ever stood up a boy?

I was sure oot could make this thread better than this. I guess it was just a bad thread topic. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

So I stood someone up Saturday night, and now feel really guilty about it. They were good-looking and seemed nice enough, but I just decided I wasn't interested for no specific reason. I should have called them but I didn't. How badly should I feel about this?

11-14-2005, 04:32 PM
Why isnt everyone honest? NO one hate pussy that much to stand up a date....if u said u have....ur a fvcking liar.

youtalkfunny
11-15-2005, 06:24 AM
I stood up a girl once. Not intentionally. Either I forgot about it, or had the wrong time/day/place in mind, or something, I don't remember. I would never do such a thing intentionally, but this one time, yeah, she got stood up.

After that, she fell for me like no girl ever had.

Before, I was always the one getting dumped, by girls who would start the speech with, "You're a nice guy, but..."

At that point, I realized that women don't WANT to be treated with respect and deference. I was too thoughtful for all the others that came before. As soon as I met a girl about whom I didn't give a damn, she fell for me.

So fellas, if you meet a girl you like, DON'T LET HER KNOW THAT YOU CARE FOR HER. Act like you don't really care if you two hook up or not.

It's the only way. If you don't believe me, well, I didn't believe it either, until I stumbled upon it. All I can say is, try it sometime. If you think it's too risky to try with your dreamgirl, then try it next time you get fixed up by friends.

SammyKid11
11-15-2005, 08:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So I stood someone up Saturday night, and now feel really guilty about it. They were good-looking and seemed nice enough, but I just decided I wasn't interested for no specific reason. I should have called them but I didn't. How badly should I feel about this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you playing the pronoun game? Was this really a date with multiple people, or are you purposefully not revealing the gender of your date?