PDA

View Full Version : Party 2/4, QJo in SB.

11-14-2005, 08:02 AM
Going through a rough spell at 2/4, trying to figure out where I've been making some overly aggro plays.

PFR (BB) is loose and aggro preflop (something like 27/18/1.4 over 50 hands), button seems a little too loose but no real read.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG+1 posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Button calls.

River: (9 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Comments?

11-14-2005, 08:17 AM
*grunch*

I'm still tying to correctly *apply* what I've learned from SSHE so flame away as necessary...

Being that we are in the SB even with TPGK it would be more prudent to check/call and wait to raise on the turn if a blank falls. Since the Pre-flop raiser is to our left I do not think we can protect on the flop.

11-14-2005, 08:53 AM
After his flop raise, I check/call the river.

EDIT to say: The rest is good.
I think his flop raise is either a draw or a better J.
I dont see any point in betting this river HU.

tiltaholic
11-14-2005, 09:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Going through a rough spell at 2/4, trying to figure out where I've been making some overly aggro plays.

PFR (BB) is loose and aggro preflop (something like 27/18/1.4 over 50 hands), button seems a little too loose but no real read.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG+1 posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Button calls.

River: (9 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

i wouldn't bet the turn.

WalkAmongUs
11-14-2005, 10:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i wouldn't bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you just check/call the rest of the hand down after his flop raise (provided no bad cards fall)?

11-14-2005, 10:18 AM
Since you're definitely unsure if you have the best hand or not, I think thinning the field is the best play here. Definitely no need to bet out on the flop. I check raise here to get BB and UTG+1 out. Bet out on the turn and if raised, you're probably beat unless you had a read that button was aggressive (which you don't). But the way the hand went, I'm assuming you won the hand and are just questioning your play.

Yeah, c/r flop. Bet turn. Re-evaluate from there on out.

Thoughts?

11-14-2005, 10:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Since you're definitely unsure if you have the best hand or not, I think thinning the field is the best play here. Definitely no need to bet out on the flop. I check raise here to get BB and UTG+1 out. Bet out on the turn and if raised, you're probably beat unless you had a read that button was aggressive (which you don't). But the way the hand went, I'm assuming you won the hand and are just questioning your play.

Yeah, c/r flop. Bet turn. Re-evaluate from there on out.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the relative position to the PFR, a CR attempt accomplishes the exact opposite.

11-14-2005, 10:25 AM
Yeah that's what I meant... /images/graemlins/cool.gif

It's 9:30 AM. I'm still asleep.

Anyways, your play on the flop was definitely correct. I kind of wouldn't be surprised if you were shown QJ.

tiltaholic
11-14-2005, 10:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i wouldn't bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you just check/call the rest of the hand down after his flop raise (provided no bad cards fall)?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes