PDA

View Full Version : Peak Hours/NonPeak Hours

nthn2fancy
11-14-2005, 05:07 AM
I play the 33s, should i expect a big difference in results playing during the day?

11-14-2005, 05:12 AM
Yes. People with no job but play the poker full time play mostly during the day but those who not play many and are bad player do after there work.

caretaker1
11-14-2005, 05:14 AM
I have, in my experience. Noticeably tougher day competition.

swiftrhett
11-14-2005, 05:31 AM
I believe peak hours are easier.

mshalen
11-14-2005, 07:54 AM
Do you mean better playing competitors or easier to beat? During the day I have found the players to have better skills but they are also easier to read and beat. I check to see who is multitabling (is that a word?) and they recieve special attention. During peak hours the typical players ability is worse but the variance is higher due to people playing junk like T8o UTG and hitting the flop.

splashpot
11-14-2005, 07:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you mean better playing competitors or easier to beat? During the day I have found the players to have better skills but they are also easier to read and beat. I check to see who is multitabling (is that a word?) and they recieve special attention. During peak hours the typical players ability is worse but the variance is higher due to people playing junk like T8o UTG and hitting the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
More "good players are easier to beat" nonsense.

Hornacek
11-14-2005, 08:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is wrong. peak hours is def easier.

Degen
11-14-2005, 08:51 AM
doesnt matter when u play, the games are always full of fish /images/graemlins/wink.gif

USCSigma1097
11-14-2005, 10:01 AM
I find that peak hours are noticably easier to beat. Contrary to what other shenanigans are being tossed around, better players are not easier to beat.

I play the 33's when there are more than 60,000 on Party, the 22's when there are more than 40,000, and 11's below that threshold. This has produced good results so far.

Good Luck at the tables bro,
Sigma

zambonidrivr
11-14-2005, 10:08 AM
i think this is awful advice

11-14-2005, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I find that peak hours are noticably easier to beat. Contrary to what other shenanigans are being tossed around, better players are not easier to beat.

I play the 33's when there are more than 60,000 on Party, the 22's when there are more than 40,000, and 11's below that threshold. This has produced good results so far.

Good Luck at the tables bro,
Sigma

[/ QUOTE ]

what are the 11's???

haven't really noticed a huge difference in play during different times, although my site has nice split between USA/Canada and europe. so it's always a mix.

trying to play more like harrington in no-limit and doing very well (albeit with excellent cards). but, it just seems like you can wait for really good cards (AA-QQ, AK, AJ??) and have a good chance to double or triple up. if you miss two flops in a row with AK/AQ, it's somewhat tough, although the continuation bets help... but if the cards don't hit somewhat well, i don't think you can do too well in a 150 person tournament. SNG maybe.

Messy_Jesse
11-14-2005, 11:15 AM
Check out this thread. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=3113268&page=)

Indiana
11-14-2005, 11:19 AM
During the day, the players are much tighter so you have to adjust to that. At night, bluff less because they will just call more.

Its always profitable because people are stupid,

Indy

11-14-2005, 11:24 AM
Agreed. Easier to beat the ABC poker crowd. They give away their hands with their betting.

If they reread TOP's chapter on value of deception, their game would improve and they might win more than 45 chips with AA.

11-14-2005, 11:57 AM
Is there a way to see how many folks are playing on Poker Stars?

splashpot
11-14-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there a way to see how many folks are playing on Poker Stars?

[/ QUOTE ]
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79/byee614/stars.jpg

11-14-2005, 12:10 PM
How do you do that? You know, copying screen and then circling words/numbers. I'm assuming something using the the print screen key.

11-14-2005, 12:10 PM
wow.

to think how many times i've looked at that screen and never noticed that...

wow.

splashpot
11-14-2005, 12:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How do you do that? You know, copying screen and then circling words/numbers. I'm assuming something using the the print screen key.

[/ QUOTE ]
Press PrintScreen. Open paint program. Paste. Add circle.

TheTROLL
11-14-2005, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Press PrintScreen. Open paint program. Paste. Add circle.

[/ QUOTE ]
That will paste the whole screen - hold down ALT then press Prt Scr to get just the active window.

11-14-2005, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I believe peak hours are easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I experience much more variance during the weekends because there are more players there to gamble. For example, I had two pair or trips three times last night get called all in by people with four to a flush or four to a straight.

You just see looser, crazier play in general I think.