PDA

View Full Version : 94s is the nuts

kurosh
11-14-2005, 04:39 AM
Full 10/20 table. Two loose but otherwise decent players limp in UTG and UTG+1. Aggro button, who loves to raise in position, raises. SB folds. I call in the BB with 94/images/graemlins/club.gif. UTG limper 3-bets. Second limper folds, button calls, I call.

Flop 4x T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif
check bet call call

Turn 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif
I check, UTG bets, button raises, I 3-bet, call call.

River Ax
I think for a second, then bet.

11-14-2005, 05:43 AM
I like the way you played this. I think preflop, while obviously contentious, is okay, given the read and your ability to outplay your opponents post flop. Second call is also debatable, but I think the implied odds justify calling on. It's important to note that he'll likely have a big pair, and thus will pay off frequently. Also, given your loose call and the difficulty in assigning you a 94, it's likely you'll get a lot of action when a ragged board hits you.

On the flop, it's unlikely any of your 2 pair outs are tainted and you have a backdoor straight draw. Therefore I'd assign myself around 5 outs, and call as you did.

Turn seems fine, ideal place to check-raise. Hard to assign Button a hand, as he may be taking a shot at the huge pot since he is aggressive, though I think it's highly likely you're ahead.

I like the river bet for value. I'd only call a raise from UTG, as I think that'd indicate AA most of the time. I'd also only call a raise from Button, as we're likely behind in this scenario. Calling will also have the additional benefit of inducing UTG to overcall with a big pair hand.

hobbsmann
11-14-2005, 09:15 AM
nice hand.

brettbrettr
11-14-2005, 10:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
nice hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

(adding, I don't see another way to play this....)