PDA

View Full Version : Why do people do this?

coffeecrazy1
11-14-2005, 03:45 AM
Why do people make indefensible claims, then refuse to admit they overspoke?

Seriously, I just spent 10 minutes arguing with a guy who claimed that the University of Florida(7-3) is getting screwed out of the National Championship by the BCS computers.

/images/graemlins/mad.gif

11-14-2005, 04:04 AM
Cause if you don't admit you screwed up somehow you trick other people into believing your way. If you ever admit you're wrong that's perceived as being weak. Not many people would ever admit that...

Florida probably is going to end up fourth at best in the SEC. That's one lousy argument.
LSU, Miami, and Penn State should all be unbeaten right now though. That would have been one heck of a debate between those five teams. Now I see why people preach playoff--that would be one heck of a good one.

edit--of course who's the bigger idiot in this argument... The guy arguing for it or the guy obviously wasting ten valuable minutes of his time?

Colonel Kataffy
11-14-2005, 05:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Cause if you don't admit you screwed up somehow you trick other people into believing your way. If you ever admit you're wrong that's perceived as being weak. Not many people would ever admit that...

[/ QUOTE ]

Cough...GW Bush...Cough. I know this is sports, but I had to get that out of my throat.

11-14-2005, 09:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why do people make indefensible claims, then refuse to admit they overspoke?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they're stupid. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

coffeecrazy1
11-14-2005, 10:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

edit--of course who's the bigger idiot in this argument... The guy arguing for it or the guy obviously wasting ten valuable minutes of his time?

[/ QUOTE ]

Touche, although I was playing poker at the same time...this yahoo just happened to be at the table...but, fair point anyway, considering he took my mind off the game in front of me too much. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif