PDA

View Full Version : Funny 2+2 book reviews from Amazon

04-03-2002, 02:51 AM
So, I was on amazon today buying a solutions manual for a derivatives book I am reading for pleasure (no need to comment) and I somehow started reading the reviews of the 2+2 books. I noticed that HPFAP only had 3.5/5 stars and I started wondering why. Here are some of the funny comments left by the people who didn't like the 2+2 books.

HPFAP:

"COME ON DOWN THE PRICE IS RIGHT BUT THE INFORMATION IN THE BOOK AIN'T RIGHT COPIE CAT FROM LOU KRIEKER BOOK YES INDEED MY FRIENDS THIS BOOK SHOULD NOT BE SELLING OUT RIGHT JIBBY."

What's a jibby?

"for that price just trust what i say it's over priced and miss leading informnation you better of buying a different book and cheaper like lou books for example"

Miss leading? Wasn't she my 4th grade music teacher?

"FOR THAT PRICE YOU MUST AGREE WITH ME IT'S JUST TOO MUCH MONEY LADIES AND GENTELMAN TO PAY FOR A POKER BOOK YOU BETTER OF BUYING BOOKS BY LOU KRIEGER IT'S MUCH CHEAPER AND ILLUSTRATED MUCH BETTER , I'AM A TRUELY A PROFFESSIONAL BUY LOU"

Good thing he used a comma. You could put more pictures in your books though Mason...like, so we know what the cards look like and stuff.

"hello Z this is ben bud what's up 30 bananas come on now your book ain't worse that money Z sorry man "

Hi ben, long time...

"this book is a joke he copied many things from the dummy book copy cat anyway too much money for that no good my friend join the dummmmy"

I am a charter member of the dummmy, but I have never heard of the dummmmy.

TOP:

"due to the nature of the game david has written too many books on the same subject with a difference of prices this is not good business and it is not a good poker book poker is played the same way limit of the game does not change the player way of playing his books are just not to be followed i would probably be interested with lou books but dough to the best of my recollection he too has some mistakes but his books rating is closely to four stars that would be much better than david books"

Dough, to the best of my recollection, is used to make bread. BTW, the style of this post matches that of a certain 2+2 author...draw your own conclusions.

"david honey your cover page is better than the rest but it's been over 7 years rewrite your book you're missing too many facts i'am soory sweet heart. "

I think she (he?) wants you David. "Cover page" is a euphemism.

"It preassumes a master's degree in diffuse algorithms"

I KNOW! I could never divide the pot size by the bet size until my second sememster of Complex Analysis.

HOLDEM POKER:

"do to the nature of the game and reviewing other books i realized that mr david sklansky has over a few books in reference to hold'em at different prices . do to my experties on poker and my proffesionalism been playing poker for over 46

years ,poker is a game that limit of the game should not affect playing the game you should always play the game the same way but again these so many called writters keep writting edition one and edition two and so on it's bogus these writters are miss leading the poker players and it's a discrase for the poker world."

He needs to take miss leading's 4th grade spelling class.

"this author has been rating his own books he has over 17 rating on a review and only 12 reviews were written plus if you buy it you will definetly return it he miss leads with the information in the book it is not recommended for buying"

Miss leading had to shorten her name when she came to America.

"david this the big black mama julie how are you honey i bought your book like you said know what sorry i did"

Nice going David. Way to undo 50 years of integration and once again divide the races.

"ooops this guy got over two books same game different price i think not my amigo too much moneyyy copy rat "

Better than being a copy manatee I guess.

It was good to see some reviews by some local heros such as Rick N, Jim Geary, and Dave in Cali...but these were so much more fun.

-Glenn

04-03-2002, 06:35 AM

04-03-2002, 08:06 AM
if you need answers to derivatives, then 2+2 is above your head. my suggestion: stick with books with a lotta pictures, they make the best readin'...gr8 post...gl

04-03-2002, 01:31 PM
I think we should all go onto Amazon and tell people that the books suck. Sorry, David, Mason and Ray, but even Mason has pointed out that the games have gotten tougher since 2+2 has come out.

Let's recommend Ken Warren et al. Damn fine writer with damn fine strategies, I think everyone but myself should adhere to them. This is especially true for anyone who plays in the Bay Area.

04-04-2002, 02:41 PM
I hate to admit this, but I read through these snipets quite easily, rarely pausing, converting spelling mistakes into the correct spelling in an instant, and uncovering the gist of the review in a flash. Ive been doing what I've been doing too long.

John

04-05-2002, 04:38 AM
Those are funny and strange for sure. There are some other totally clueless reviews of some 2+2 and other poker books on Amazon. Might be a good idea to write some good, accurate reviews of books you like to counter the garbage a little.

04-10-2002, 10:37 AM
I'm the guy that put all those reviews up there. The last thing I want is a table full of informed players.