PDA

View Full Version : PT stats analysis

11-14-2005, 02:42 AM
I'm not sure if this was the right section to post these but being new decided I'd go with beginner. Anyway these are some stats a tiny sample of hands that I have on my new computer from PT. I'm not very good with analyzing all these stats, I don't know how to relate the different factors to play. So I was hoping someone here could critique my play or give me a link to a guide on using PT information to analyze play.
Here are the stats:

Limit: 2-4 LHE

VP$IP: 14.68%
VP$IPSB: 26.46%
saw flop all hands: 17.07
saw flop not a blind: 11.32
folded sb to steal: 97.67
folded BB to steal: 73.91
folded BB to steal HU: 70.59
Att. To steal Blinds: 15.23
Won $ when saw flop: 38.45
Amount won: (194.74)
Win rate per 100 hands: (5.61)
BB Won per 100 hands: (1.40)
Went to showdown: 39.63
Won $ at SD: 53.62
Raised PF: 7.11
Limp/call reraise PF: 0
1st action on flop after a pre flop raise -
Riase: 6.07
Bet: 58.70
Call: 2.83
Check: 8.50
Check/Raise: 0
Fold: 3.24
No Flop: 20.65

Aggression Factor
Flop: 3.27
Turn: 2.25
River: 1.44
Total: 2.38

Folded to river bet: 20.99
When Folds Hand
No Fold: 11.72
Preflop: 80.74
Flop: 5.79
Turn: 1.27
River: .49

Check Raises: 18 times

Tell me if anyother info is needed.

Thanks

SheridanCat
11-14-2005, 01:56 PM
How many total hands?

Regards,

T

11-14-2005, 03:24 PM
Sorry I thought I had put that on there. It's only 3500 hands. I relize this isn't really a lot or enough to come to a good conclusion about my game but i lost big during these hands and was wondering if any big leaks can be spotted from this sample.

Thanks

11-14-2005, 03:28 PM
Move down to 1.00/2.00 or even .50/1.00 if you're a beginner.....

SheridanCat
11-14-2005, 03:45 PM
You know you're sample size is small, so you could just be riding a bad trend. I would suggest posting some questionable hands in the appropriate forum.

As for these stats....

The VPIP stat seems low to me. Again, this could be because you're getting worse than normal starting hands during this stretch. I'm happy with a VPIP of around 20% or maybe a tad higher.

I also think you're folding the river too often to a bet.

Finally, I think a little higher PFR number is better, more like 10%.

But remember, all of these things could be influenced by your getting worse than expected cards. However, that river fold number would lead me to believe you might be compensating by playing marginal hands too far. That is, you may be getting to the river with junk and folding to pressure because you know it's junk.

Again, though, the sample size doesn't give me much confidence in any analysis.

Regards,

T

11-14-2005, 07:32 PM
Well I wouldn't really consider myself a beginner more like uhm a novice haha. I have like 50k+ hands under my belt from 1 - 2, which i was consistantly and still am beating. I've been playing since May. However about a month ago I moved up limits to 2 - 4 and haven't really been winning more like breaking even to slightly losing. These stats were from clearing a bonus at Pokerroom which just flat out killed me. The only reason I cleared it 50$ down was because I moneyed in a tournament for a couple hundred. Also, I see what your saying about the river folding but playing only 14% of my hands I'm not really playing too much "junk," I would say I'm going to far with hands when I know I'm beat, which I'm going to start looking into. As for playing only 14% of my hands what kind of hands am I looking to add, suited aces and suited connectors in position or like big offsuit face cards out of position?

Thanks for the posts, more help would be much appreciated.

Webster
11-16-2005, 02:37 PM
ONly thing I see is you are pretty tight VPIP. It's not many hands. At Crypto I'm winning 6.66BB/100 in the last 4000 hands 1/2 and above. I KNOW that is not sustainable. Streaks happen. Nobody gets concerned on the good ones.

Look at AA, KK and QQ, how many have you had and are they winning - those are the foundation and if that is weak they are not taking care of the rake and blinds.

Best suggestion is to look at yoru hand histories on your losses and determine if you would play them differently.

uuDevil
11-16-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I also think you're folding the river too often to a bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, his number seems quite low. A typical number for a winning limit player is in the 40's. See this thread. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/favlinker.php?Cat=0&Entry=101120&F_Board=smallhold em&Thread=2129882&partnumber=&postmarker=)

Webster
11-16-2005, 03:43 PM
The problem with that thread is that it is from 1.5BB/100 players.

HOWEVER - hisnumbers are low but then again he is playing quality hands at 14% VPIP so I would suspect it to be a litle lower AND it's only 3000+ hands so that could factor in also.

perhaps TO aggressive on the turn is pushing people away from the pots??

The 7% Pre flop raiseing is pretty low.

Webster
11-16-2005, 05:03 PM
HEY - I know you!!! LOL

uuDevil
11-16-2005, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The problem with that thread is that it is from 1.5BB/100 players.

[/ QUOTE ]
Something to aspire to-- my numbers are all in the same range as those guys and I've lost 80 BB over the last 10K hands. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

On the topic of the folding to river percentage, also see the exchange in this thread (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=990711&page=0&fpart=all& vc=1) between Ed Miller and chesspain.

You know me, OP, or yourself? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Webster
11-17-2005, 12:24 AM
I'm CERTAINLY not cutting the 1.5BB/100 guys down - it's a good number.

The problem is that every see's those as something to attain when they are setting their sites to low.

And talking about Ed Miller - he called me out once on this very topic - I have not read THAT thread yet but I can predict what it says. He made it very clear to ME!!

It's like seeing a baseball player with a .280 average and saying "I want to be JUST like him".

Those numbers are a good bench mark but you can hit those numbers in so many ways and still lose.

11-17-2005, 01:41 AM
Yeah i do know you lol. By the way thanks for all the help, I'll wait a little while and see what happens in my stats. I was just concerned if there was something big that could be seen from that small sample so I could plug it up before I kept going. Anyway, thanks for all the help.