PDA

View Full Version : Blind battle question

11-14-2005, 01:30 AM
This was SB's second hand at the table, and I didn't have stats. When you get to this turn with a marginal hand and a medium pot, what's the plan? Thanks for any and all input.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero ?

imported_leader
11-14-2005, 01:34 AM
fold to the flop raise.

11-14-2005, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
fold to the flop raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

11-14-2005, 01:47 AM
Thanks for the feedback. This isn't standard for me, but I thought although Ax and Kx are very common steal hands, the AK flop was a good flop to bluff CR on, too--I would've, anyway. Couldn't find a fold, guess I got lucky. When I looked him up and MHIG I felt pretty sexy.

11-14-2005, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would've, anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't.

[ QUOTE ]
When I looked him up and MHIG I felt pretty sexy.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you looked like the lesser of two idiots. You even tried to let him off his bluff cheap.

11-14-2005, 02:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would've, anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And you looked like the lesser of two idiots. You even tried to let him off his bluff cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me a break, I play Party 1/2 for a reason. Would you always c/f this flop--I guess because you can't fold out hands you beat and can get outdrawn in the next two streets even if you're ahead?

11-14-2005, 02:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Give me a break, I play Party 1/2 for a reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's apparent.

ArturiusX
11-14-2005, 02:48 AM
You have a case of FPS.

imported_leader
11-14-2005, 02:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would've, anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me a break, I play Party 1/2 for a reason. Would you always c/f this flop--I guess because you can't fold out hands you beat and can get outdrawn in the next two streets even if you're ahead?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not c/f you should b/f here. That 3-bet sucks <u>really</u> bad.

11-14-2005, 03:21 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I should probably take a break from playing.

imported_leader
11-14-2005, 04:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No one gets better by not playing except gamboling addicts.

Victor
11-14-2005, 04:54 AM
never ever let anyone win a pot without showdown.

Victor
11-14-2005, 04:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i love it. but i disagree. if you a good gambling addict then you shouldnt stop. i like to think of myself as a good gambling addict. and drink too.

kiddo
11-14-2005, 04:57 AM
100% agree.

If poster likes to checkraise nothing on an AKx flop after getting 3bet preflop, well, thats a big problem because only hands a normal player 3 bets with either got A, K or is a pocketpair.

Not giving up on flop when he checkraise was a big misstake. It was against an unknown, not agaisnt a 100% idiot.

flawless_victory
11-14-2005, 05:06 AM
wow dude...
way to much action.
what now?... LOL.
OMG!
fold!
jesus!

11-14-2005, 05:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone agrees taking breaks is good for your concentration--see above hand for evidence. I don't usually play like that: I'm 21/15/2.3 over 13k and beating the 1/2 game. I guess I posted right after I won the pot, wondering if I could possibly have played that well. Evidently not! Let this thread go to the archives...

/images/graemlins/blush.gif

ArturiusX
11-14-2005, 06:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

quoted because this is what turned me from a weirded out SH loser to a true winner.

Victor
11-14-2005, 06:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

quoted because this is what turned me from a weirded out SH loser to a true winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm....i guess i should clarify: sarcasm.

this is a time where showdown is not necessary and a fold is clearly proper unless you witnessed you opponent snort 3 lines and down half a bottle jd.

11-14-2005, 06:36 AM
Yeah I'm with you. Maybe JD was involved, he later turned out to be a maniac.

imported_leader
11-14-2005, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i love it. but i disagree. if you a good gambling addict then you shouldnt stop. i like to think of myself as a good gambling addict. and drink too.

[/ QUOTE ]
Gambling addicts are almost universally self-destructive. They don't want money or to get better they just what a rush. Simply enjoying gamboling or doing it a lot isn't enough. It’s a physiological compulsion. Most gamboling addicts want to stop and can’t.

mtdoak
11-14-2005, 06:53 PM
Fold to the flop raise, easy. Let someone else call him down with an underpair and no redraws and take notes. This is coming from a recovering calling station.