PDA

View Full Version : Flopped NFD HU with overs, how do you play it?

11-14-2005, 01:23 AM
OK,

The title says it all, lets say you either limp in EP with ATs, or maybe you raise, but anyway it folds around to BB who calls.

HU

Flop comes three unders, 2 of your suit. He checks to you. How do you play it? Bet out or check and try to hit your card and let him improve?

I suppose if it was raised PF, you should bet out b/c the pot is 2.25 BB's on the flop. But if it was not raised PF, the pot is only 1.25 BB's and so betting out to take down the pot isn't really worth much.

Should I check behind here and wait for the flush?

How do you guys play this? Usually I just bet out and take the pot down but it's about winning $$$, not pots so maybe I should slow down when the pot is small? I dunno...

Help?

MrWookie47
11-14-2005, 01:26 AM
If the table is so tight (or short) so as to fold around to the BB with a reasonable probability, I'm raising any suited A I'm playing. I generally raise ATs from any position anyway. Given that I raised, this is an easy autobet. This is an easy semibluff even as hero played it.

benkath1
11-14-2005, 11:04 AM
I'd have to say I bet this. I don't even mind getting check raised. This does happen to me a bit too. I think wookie got it right about raising suited A's on a table this tight. But hey, even at loose tables, the action gets folded around every once in a while. Like this situation, you're like, "Hey, where'd all the limpers go?"

Koss
11-14-2005, 11:07 AM
Bet out everytime. You have a big draw that will come in over 50% of the time. You could also have the best hand. No need at giving him a free look at the turn. Now if he calls my flop bet, I check behind the turn hoping to complete my draw. I might bet the turn UI if he's a habitual flopcaller/turnfolder.

imported_The Vibesman
11-14-2005, 11:15 AM
I bet. Usually I'm raising preflop. Even if I didn't, I bet. If I take down a small pot, so be it. The only way to build it anyway is to bet.
If called, whether or not to bet the turn depends on your opponent and his perception of you.