PDA

View Full Version : Astroglide

Evan
11-14-2005, 01:02 AM
I was talking to him tonight for a while and he mentioned that he had talked to Mat about being a mod. Maybe just while [censored] is away, maybe longer. Either way though, I'd like to see it happen because I like astro and I think he's one of the brighter guys around here. So Mat, can you make that happen? I see when I go to the admin interface there's a box to check to make people mods, so it can't be too hard to do. I don't think anyone on these boards would disagree with astro being a mod, so can we do this?

Mike Haven
11-14-2005, 08:39 AM
I think that this post is totally out of order.

There are half a dozen or more people that I believe would be excellent as mods, but I would not presume to put Mat in the awkward position that results from a post such as this unless Mat asked for such input.

Using the "I don't think anyone on these boards would disagree with ..." line sounds like a classic salesman's attempt at closure using opinion disguised to sound like fact.

Evan
11-14-2005, 12:12 PM
Mat already talked to him about it. I'm not just bringing up names of random people that I want to be mods. Even if I was though, I don't see what the issue would be. Why couldn't one of us come in here and say "I think joefuckhead23 would be a good mod in the whatever forum"?

How does this put Mat in an awkward position? If he doesn't want astro to be a mod he can just say no. We're all adults, no one's going to have their feelings hurt.

How does that line sound like fact? I didn't say "No one would disagree...".

Mat Sklansky
11-14-2005, 02:44 PM
Thank you for your concern, but it turns out that both censored and astroglide aked me about this, and I was about to put up a post here asking people's opinion of astroglide.

Anyone object to him as a mod in OOT?

Also, I really wouldn't mind this post in any case. Anyone should feel free to pose questions to me here and shouldn't worry about putting me in an akward position. I find that the same position every time gets boring. And fortunately, my girlfriend agrees.

Evan
11-14-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I find that the same position every time gets boring. And fortunately, my girlfriend agrees.

[/ QUOTE ]
hahahaha. I think Mat's been overserved.

MrWookie47
11-14-2005, 04:02 PM
This is going to be a permanent position, or just while [censored] is gone? Eh, I guess I'm mostly indifferent, but if you're going to make a new mod for OOT, I guess he's an acceptable choice. Just to throw out a couple other ideas, have you considered, say, reinstating wacki as an OOT mod? Or perhaps having Dynasty or Commodus throw down the [censored]-ship while he's gone?

Evan
11-14-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is going to be a permanent position, or just while [censored] is gone?

[/ QUOTE ]
I get the sense that it's a temporary thing, but I hope it's permanant. Astro is one of the brightest guys on this site and I'd rather have him as an OOT mod than anyone else.

The only other person I'd like to see become a mod that isn't is stheif09/Josh. once the high limit HUSH forum is open. Speaking of that...

Mat Sklansky
11-14-2005, 05:16 PM
I'm going to make a post in oot now.

astroglide
11-14-2005, 06:25 PM
hello and thanks

BottlesOf
11-14-2005, 06:28 PM
Welcome to the Star Chamber. You belong here.

astroglide
11-14-2005, 06:29 PM
oh hey, is there any way to edit my own title to something other than carpal tunnel? i tried pasting my uid into the user edit screen but it said i can't change a mod.

BottlesOf
11-14-2005, 06:32 PM
That's correct. You're stuck with it while you're green.

bobbyi
11-14-2005, 07:25 PM
Only admins can edit mods.

Greg J
11-14-2005, 07:36 PM
Norm!

AngryCola
11-14-2005, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Welcome to the Star Chamber.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad someone still calls it the Star Chamber. /images/graemlins/grin.gif