PDA

View Full Version : home: 5-7 players fast blinds

11-14-2005, 12:58 AM
We play a $5 buy-in, it gets you 50 chips. All chips of equal value. You can rebuy once at any time for another $5 which gets you 40 chips. The blinds start at 1/2 and go up every orbit, once heads up blinds are set at 10/20. Second place gets their $5 buyin back and winner gets the rest.

I've always played very tight and am noticing that a couple of the guys that are very aggressive(and pretty loose) have been winning more and more. I actually think the play has gotten WORSE from when we started. Guys call 4x or more bets with Q9.
Should I start to loosen up and play more hands like Kxs, Qxs etc to a raise? My problem is since the buy-in is so small a couple of the guys love making big preflop raises and pushing after.

In the year or so we've been playing there's only a handfull of times(maybe 10 tops) I've left down. For the most part I break even or finish up slightly. Should I just not worry about it and be happy I'm break even to slightly ahead given the way the game is setup and the aggression of the players? Because of the post flop pushes I've tended to stay out of hands that if I hit I wouldn't be able to bet or call some big bets with.

Any thoughts appreciated