PDA

View Full Version : TERRIBLY PLAYED LIVE HAND...........

hbgolfpro
11-13-2005, 11:56 PM
The game is 15-30 live....I am in the cutoff with A4 sooted. The blinds are actually kinda timid and it is folded to me so I raise to try and steal. To my surpise the button calls cold. The button is classic weak tight. When he is in there he has a hand and will not get out of line. When he called I told myself TT or maybe even AQ. The blinds fold and we see the flop heads up.

Flop is AKJ rainbow.

Here is where the butchery begins. I lead into him and sure enough he pops me. I should have been gone right there. But no...I like an idiot call.

Turn is a blank.

To further my lunacy I bet again! He pauses and at that moment I knew he feared AK. Thus he has ONLY AJ! He calls me.

River is a Q and we check/check.

He shows AJ off for the win. I can not believe I played that hand that badly. I was extremely embarrassed. I knew the player....made my read....And lost $45 anyway. Pure stupidity.

shant
11-13-2005, 11:57 PM
Check/fold the turn.

hbgolfpro
11-14-2005, 12:04 AM
Hey Shant...not against this guy. It is bet/fold flop. I knew it and would not listen.

shant
11-14-2005, 12:13 AM
You're getting over 9-1 on the flop, and if he is capable of raising AJ, he is capable of raising KJ. You may have 5 outs, you might have 3. I think you can call and fold the turn.

W. Deranged
11-14-2005, 01:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Shant...not against this guy. It is bet/fold flop. I knew it and would not listen.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should note that bet-folding the flop consistently in live games can have pretty bad consequences if anyone observant is playing. It makes it MUCH easier for them to try and take shots at you if they know they can take a pot away for 2 SB without investing a BB either.