PDA

View Full Version : anyone else anxiously awaiting "Walk the Line"?

lighterjobs
11-13-2005, 11:53 PM
the new movie with reese witherspoon and river phoenix' brother joaquin phoenix about the life of johnny cash.

the previews look good and i'm a big fan of johnny cash, so I can't wait.

TheNoodleMan
11-13-2005, 11:55 PM
I think joaquin phoenix has passed the point of being referred to as river phoenix' brother, no?

cpitt398
11-13-2005, 11:56 PM
this movie is going to pwn

imported_CaseClosed326
11-13-2005, 11:56 PM
I am happy I will be at home on break so I will actually be near a theater to see this.

nothumb
11-13-2005, 11:57 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic.

NT

Brainwalter
11-13-2005, 11:58 PM
Yes.

Sponger15SB
11-13-2005, 11:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
anyone else anxiously awaiting "walk the line"?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

Blarg
11-14-2005, 12:02 AM
I don't know about anxiously awaiting, but I'm curious. I saw one awful Hollywood-looking inspirational moment that loosened all my cheese and made me have my doubts about the movie. "Cash" is holding up adorable Reese Witherspoon on stage, who is backlit and beaming in the usual hokey chick romance flick way, looking, well, adorable, as Phoenix looks adoringly up at her. What a wonderful moment! I'm sure I've seen that exact shot in at least a dozen John Travolta movie posters from his own adorable period, as well as on countless other saccharine movie posters. I tell you, it gave me a chill. If the movie Reese Witherspoons it up too much, then Golly! It will be just adorable. I'm not sure that's the tack I want to see a story about this dude take.

Brrr...chills, I tell ya. Just, the chills.

istewart
11-14-2005, 12:02 AM
Yes. It could be amazing, or it could be pretty bad.

lighterjobs
11-14-2005, 12:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think joaquin phoenix has passed the point of being referred to as river phoenix' brother, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

has he?

lighterjobs
11-14-2005, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know about anxiously awaiting, but I'm curious. I saw one awful Hollywood-looking inspirational moment that loosened all my cheese and made me have my doubts about the movie. "Cash" is holding up adorable Reese Witherspoon on stage, who is backlit and beaming in the usual hokey chick romance flick way, looking, well, adorable, as Phoenix looks adoringly up at her. What a wonderful moment! I'm sure I've seen that exact shot in at least a dozen John Travolta movie posters from his own adorable period, as well as on countless other saccharine movie posters. I tell you, it gave me a chill. If the movie Reese Witherspoons it up too much, then Golly! It will be just adorable. I'm not sure that's the tack I want to see a story about this dude take.

Brrr...chills, I tell ya. Just, the chills.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hope this isn't the case.

Brainwalter
11-14-2005, 12:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

has he?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. He has a gimmick account and River doesn't.

dblgutshot
11-14-2005, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

has he?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes

El Ishmael
11-14-2005, 12:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

has he?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. He is alive and River isn't .

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

thabadguy
11-14-2005, 12:48 AM
Cant wait to go watch this, then sneak into harry potter next door with the girl.

TheNoodleMan
11-14-2005, 12:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

has he?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think so, but it is an arguable point.

Blarg
11-14-2005, 01:01 AM
Time marches on. I bet there are plenty of people who've never seen River in a movie and don't even know who he is.

Then again, Joacquin isn't exactly a household name either, despite being in some big movies.

astroglide
11-14-2005, 01:05 AM
i'm a joaquin fan and a cash fan. i'm not totally excited though and it does make me feel a little cheapened to pay money for what was no doubt greenlighted as 'ray 2.0'.

willie
11-14-2005, 01:10 AM
yeah i'm pumped for this flick......

TheCroShow
11-14-2005, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm a joaquin fan and a cash fan. i'm not totally excited though and it does make me feel a little cheapened to pay money for what was no doubt greenlighted as 'ray 2.0'.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hope joaquin gets the same sympathy vote when it comes to the oscars