PDA

View Full Version : Is There Any Difference Here? ATo on BB

toss
11-13-2005, 09:18 PM
Lets says two loose limpers limp on the CO and Button. SB completes you hold ATo on the BB. Villains play passively and predictably post flop. I check this. Am I passing up EV here? I raise ATs in this spot. Would there be any difference between shorthanded and fullring?

W. Deranged
11-13-2005, 09:20 PM
I check ATo and AJo and raise AQo. I raise ATs and up but check A9s and down. Not saying this is correct, but that's how I play it.

I think if you have any value in raising here it's minimal. Raising will bloat the pot in a situation where many of the hands you're looking to make on the flop are pretty vulnerable to being cracked.

toss
11-13-2005, 09:24 PM
Thats good to hear. I've been playing more Short Handed recently and this kind of situations come up a lot. I'll happily raise pocket pairs and stuff but I hate being OOP with a top pair hand where you'll almost never fold everyone when the flop comes rags.

W. Deranged
11-13-2005, 09:27 PM
How low a pocket pair will you raise, short-handed and full? I'll raise 99 and up for value anywhere, adding 88 and possibly 77 as the donk-factor goes up and particularly when playing short (and hence up against worse hands generally).

toss
11-13-2005, 09:31 PM
77 since the tables I'm currently playing at features passive players that I can control. Easy to get away when you're beat, easy to value bet too. At a full ring table I'm much more conservative. 99 and above usually.