PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic/ Pacific Trout Games 11/16

hyde
11-13-2005, 09:10 PM
Sad news in trout world. There is a rift in the force. The ‘dark side’ sits among us.

For several years now the midweek trout games have provided an opportunity for a friendly game away from the morans and trolls encountered daily online. Atlantic and Pacific Trout have been likened to a home game. There has been a core of players with new people coming and going. Newbies are welcomed. A friendly group, issuing amicable challenges and engaging in much good-natured banter. Hands have often been shown, lines discussed, a welcome respite from trolls of the daily play.

For several weeks I have received complaints about our new troll, the unpleasant and immature tone he has brought to the game, and asked what can be done. I sometimes struggle to remember that when the day is done the ugly troll is really only a sad being, lonely in the world, lacking any self esteem, completely unaware of how desperately he needs professional help.

The troll seeks to make others as uncomfortable as he is. It is helpful to remember the troll lives in a fantasy world, he is incapable of introspection.

For all the understanding, we need to deal with the troll and wait for him to go away.

I believe for now, that the best line to take is that EVERYONE either block his chat or at least do not respond during the game.

It is hard not to respond to the dark side, the dark side draws you in, but your response feeds the dark side, makes him stronger, pushing him further into the sad depths in which he already lives.

EVERYONE either block his chat or at least do not respond during the game!!!

I am open to further suggestions…
- - - - - - -
<u>HERE IS YOUR FORUM GAME SCHEDULE:</u>

[b]<font color="red">"Atlantic Trout"</font> $10+1 NLHE at 20:00 Stars lobby time
WEDNESDAY NOV 16
Password “supbro” without the quotes.

<font color="red">"Pacific Trout"</font> $10+1 NLHE at 22:00 Stars lobby time
WEDNESDAY NOV 16

<font color="red">"Heads Up Trout"</font> $10+1 NLHE Heads Up at 20:00 Stars lobby
time THURSDAY NOV 17

These games are open for registration.

If you wish to receive this schedule by e-mail please send me an e-mail at
drjekyl@comcast.net with your 2+2 name. PS name &amp; email address. (or PM hyde)

Games for 2+2 posters. Not sponsored by Two Plus Two Publishing.

hyde /images/graemlins/cool.gif

cha59
11-13-2005, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Sad news in trout world. There is a rift in the force. The ‘dark side’ sits among us..................

For all the understanding, we need to deal with the troll and wait for him to go away.

I believe for now, that the best line to take is that EVERYONE either block his chat or at least do not respond during the game.

It is hard not to respond to the dark side, the dark side draws you in, but your response feeds the dark side, makes him stronger, pushing him further into the sad depths in which he already lives.

EVERYONE either block his chat or at least do not respond during the game!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree. We need to eliminate the impact the the troll /images/graemlins/mad.gif (and his negative chat) is having on our games.

Lets all block his chat and restore the fun to the trout games. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

If anyone wants to watch the troll's chat, I think it would be best not to respond to any of it.

The troll is looking for reactions to the drivel he spouts during these games. Rather than argue or fight with him, (this is what he wants - attention) lets ignore him until he goes away.

I think most who have played in the trout games recently are aware of who this troll is. Feel free to PM cha59 with questions.

Arnfinn Madsen
11-13-2005, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

For several weeks I have received complaints about our new troll, the unpleasant and immature tone he has brought to the game, and asked what can be done. I sometimes struggle to remember that when the day is done the ugly troll is really only a sad being, lonely in the world, lacking any self esteem, completely unaware of how desperately he needs professional help.

[/ QUOTE ]

My apologies for feeding the troll. Some comments he made really got me on the nerves, since I felt they were so evil-minded (his tactic is to make people become insecure about their playing ability) in this context, since many come to this game to have fun and get constructive criticism.

Next time, I will ignore.

cha59
11-13-2005, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My apologies for feeding the troll. Some comments he made really got me on the nerves, since I felt they were so evil-minded (his tactic is to make people become insecure about their playing ability) in this context, since many come to this game to have fun and get constructive criticism.

Next time, I will ignore.

[/ QUOTE ]

No apology necessary. He tries to get under all our skins. Its natural to want to battle him.

Its a shame to have to do something like this, but its the right thing to do, given the circumstances.

grandgnu
11-13-2005, 10:20 PM
Woah, I stopped playing a few weeks ago. Damn, my impact is still being felt? w00t!

Seriously, why get upset over someone who's trying to tilt you and may be on tilt himself? Let him spew his Helmuthian rants and tear himself up over it.

Besides, to some, poker isn't about making friends. It's about winning money, about their ego, etc. So they'll do whatever they feel is necessary to achieve that.

I can't believe I've been missing all the fun lately. I would love to have my donk plays questioned and bust him with terrible play, oh the joy I would feel. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

SeaSiren
11-13-2005, 10:31 PM
You know what... I fed the Troll weekly too. It's very hard Not to respond &amp; want to defend onself... he seemes to criticize vitually every move I make! My 'chat' tone likely appeared to be friendly banter - but that's because I'm not by nature... a biatch. I didn't play in Pacific last week because of 'the presence'. That's stupid - GREAT suggestion, turn off chat and/or ignore.

grandgnu
11-13-2005, 10:39 PM
Just start telling him bad beat stories. Like "this one time, at poker camp, I had pocket Kings....."

You'll drive him so insane he'll be avoiding YOU. And ask to borrow money, beg him to stake you.

skipperbob
11-13-2005, 10:54 PM
How about me, "SS"?...Would you comfort me in your ample busom....Would you warm me in you heated areas?...Don't call me a cowboy until you've seen me ride..Regards, SFB

DrPhysic
11-14-2005, 06:40 PM
Speaking of which, said troll played the HU game a week ago. I happened to catch him in the early round. It was just joyful when the King of Diamonds on the river of the last hand hit his set, and then he realized it was also my flush card. The blast of meaningless nonsense was almost enjoyable. But sensibly I turned it off and went to watch DrJek play his match.

I think Jek's suggestion is an excellent one. The Trout games have been akin to a friendly Saturday night home game for a long time. It would be nice to keep it that way. Let's "Turn off the Troll."

Doc /images/graemlins/grin.gif

grandgnu
11-14-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Let's "Turn off the Troll."

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean I have to take off my shirt and show my midgety hairy chest AGAIN???? Geesh!

SeaSiren
11-14-2005, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How about me, "SS"?...Would you comfort me in your ample busom....Would you warm me in you heated areas?...Don't call me a cowboy until you've seen me ride..Regards, SFB

[/ QUOTE ]

SFB you &amp; I play sooo well together... you're welcome at MY table anytime... but is it going to hurt our relationship if I continue to kick your cute 'ole sailor's ass each week?...
/images/graemlins/wink.gif Hugs, SS

DrPhysic
11-14-2005, 09:03 PM
Despite any rumors or your own insecurity, you ain't the troll in question.

And besides that I think Siren has a crush on you.

So, why aren't you back in the games?

Doc

DrPhysic
11-15-2005, 02:04 AM
...right clicking on his button and clicking 'block chat'.

Just in case anyone didn't know that.

Doc

Jbrochu
11-15-2005, 10:20 AM
Wow, I didn't realize he's been getting under everybody's skin so badly. I've kind of enjoyed the smack talk and the rivalry, I'm only sad I was so short stacked when we got heads-up last week because I was going to teach him a lesson... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

That said, it's too bad what happened with the side bet in the NA vs. Europe challenge. I wish he would just pay up and we could move on from this because it looks bad when we all try to ignore the guy that won last week.

I say the best way to deal with a big mouth is to beat him for his money.

bones
11-15-2005, 11:46 AM
Why not just have people PM whomever creates the tournament to get the password? [ QUOTE ]
Games for 2+2 posters

[/ QUOTE ] As far as I know, he is no longer a 2+2 poster. If he is, he's doing so after being banned. Why let him play?

Normally I don't care about stuff like this, but it's the nature of the original offense. There isn't anything more important to a gambler than his word. Refusing to pay a lost bet is completely unacceptable.

Edited to remove personal opinion of the troll and his possible resemblance to a feminine hygiene product.

durron597
11-15-2005, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why not just have people PM whomever creates the tournament to get the password?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because we want all posters to feel welcome, we don't want people to be intimidated by having to PM somebody or think "well, it's starting in 5 minutes, I just got home, no one will respond in time, I won't bother".

bones
11-15-2005, 12:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Because we want all posters to feel welcome

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the atmosphere of the past couple of weeks, which do you think would make someone feel more unwelcome..sending a PM or sitting through a megadebt bitchnmoan session?

durron597
11-15-2005, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Because we want all posters to feel welcome

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the atmosphere of the past couple of weeks, which do you think would make someone feel more unwelcome..sending a PM or sitting through a megadebt bitchnmoan session?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but I strive for neither.

grandgnu
11-15-2005, 12:23 PM
Wait, this was all about Megadebt? I can't believe it, I'm in utter and total shock! There's just NO WAY that guy could be the one you're all complaining about. /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

EVERY tournament needs a Helmuth, lighten up folks, he's good for entertainment value (from what I recall, although I've missed out the past few weeks) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

cha59
11-16-2005, 10:35 PM
Only 26 minutes to sign up for the pacific trout!! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif Who's in?

hyde
11-16-2005, 10:59 PM
A good time was had by all.
sidekick had the best time.......
joeblue had a shot at the greatest comback of all time.....snuffed....but it was from about $85....nice run

final 4 had deep stacks and play was fun to watch. gg all

PokerStars Tournament #15082210, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $10.00/$1.00
12 players
Total Prize Pool: $120.00
Tournament started - 2005/11/16 - 20:00:00 (ET)
Tournament finished - 2005/11/16 - 21:51:46 (ET)
1: Sidekick44 (Arlington), $60.00 (50%)
2: Toro85 (Worcester), $36.00 (30%)
3: SeaSiren.xo (Portsmouth), $24.00 (20%)
4: madarn (OSLO),
5: JohnnyBgood4 (Pembroke),
6: realjobu (Brick),
7: dr. jekyl (Alfred ),
8: Sihgneg (Methuen),
9: joeblue9 (New York),
10: BunnieLee (orange),
11: cha59 (Blaine),
12: Wormtowne (Worcester),

mlagoo
11-16-2005, 11:22 PM
its not like bad etiquette to raise this much is it? /images/graemlins/blush.gif

hyde
11-17-2005, 01:09 AM
Another good game. Another good time.
some heavy hitters went out early and the game softened up to be like only concrete.
New guy in town, kelg, looked like he was going to walk with it but bluefeet got on a late heater and came back from a very short stack and won it. gg blue.

PokerStars Tournament #15082310, No Limit Hold'em
14 players
Total Prize Pool: $140.00
Tournament started - 2005/11/16 - 22:00:00 (ET)
Tournament finished - 2005/11/16 - 23:52:39 (ET)
1: bluefeet (Galapagos Islands), $70.00 (50%)
2: Kelg (Derry), $42.00 (30%)
3: mlagoo (Salisbury), $28.00 (20%)
4: dr. jekyl (Alfred ),
5: Shoefreaks (Muskegon),
6: MFCMark (London),
7: Patricio (Roswell),
8: TheSheeg (Willmar),
9: macattack4 (Clarksville),
10: Sihgneg (Methuen),
11: cha59 (Blaine),
12: JohnnyBgood4 (Pembroke),
13: DrPhysic (San Antonio),
14: SeaSiren.xo (Portsmouth),

hyde
11-17-2005, 10:11 PM
There muust be something good on TV.....light turnout.
the Skipper and I had a good one.
I had to slow roll the last hand. My first time seeing one, and with my opponent having gone all in, I had to re-read the cards several times.......

Seat 1: BunnieLee (1365 in chips)
Seat 2: dr. jekyl (1635 in chips)
dr. jekyl: posts small blind 25
BunnieLee: posts big blind 50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to dr. jekyl [Kc Qc]
dr. jekyl: raises 100 to 150
BunnieLee: calls 100
*** FLOP *** [Jc 2s Ac]
BunnieLee: checks
dr. jekyl: checks
*** TURN *** [Jc 2s Ac] [Tc]
BunnieLee: bets 1215 and is all-in
dr. jekyl: calls 1215
*** RIVER *** [Jc 2s Ac Tc] [Th]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
BunnieLee: shows [Jd Td] (a full house, Tens full of Jacks)
dr. jekyl: shows [Kc Qc] (a Royal Flush)
BunnieLee said, "that all'"
dr. jekyl collected 2730 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 2730 | Rake 0
Board [Jc 2s Ac Tc Th]
Seat 1: BunnieLee (big blind) showed [Jd Td] and lost with a full house, Tens
full of Jacks
Seat 2: dr. jekyl (button) (small blind) showed [Kc Qc] and won (2730) with a
Royal Flush

PokerStars Tournament #15082366, No Limit Hold'em
2 players
Total Prize Pool: $20.00
Tournament started - 2005/11/17 - 20:00:00 (ET)
Tournament finished - 2005/11/17 - 20:20:51 (ET)
1: dr. jekyl (Alfred ), $20.00 (100%)
2: BunnieLee (orange),

SeaSiren
11-17-2005, 11:24 PM
at 8:19ish I checked in to see how HU was going... caught just one hand... THE LAST HAND!!! Royal Flush! What a thrill to see... dr. Jek rocks!