PDA

View Full Version : How would YOU handle this "situation" with a dealer?

zuluking
11-13-2005, 08:48 PM
4-8 game. Nice lady is in seat 10. Starting with her button, she raised every hand, 4 straight times, by grabbing 8 chips and saying, "Lets add some sugar.", and tossing them out. On the 5th hand she grabbed only 4 chips to call, the dealer was watching her and said, "What? No sugar this time?", to which the lady kinda went, "Oh!", grabbed 4 more and tossed out 8 again.

What would you do here?

One thing, she had not made a foward motion with the 4 chips when this occured.

wstaffor
11-13-2005, 08:50 PM
That just sounds like the dealer making a joke to me. A pretty nit thing to get your panties in a bunch about.

zuluking
11-13-2005, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That just sounds like the dealer making a joke to me. A pretty nit thing to get your panties in a bunch about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not upset at all, just want to know what YOU would do.

UATrewqaz
11-13-2005, 08:59 PM
Ask for a seat change and try to get on her left, re-raise and isolate with good hands....

zuluking
11-13-2005, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ask for a seat change and try to get on her left, re-raise and isolate with good hands....

[/ QUOTE ]

Impossible at this table. 5-6 to each flop, even capped. But I was in seat 3. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bigfishead
11-13-2005, 09:25 PM
Say ..."here's some honey......3 BETS!"..."cap it with some sweet n low!"

Mackie
11-14-2005, 12:13 PM
At a 4-8 game? I'd say nothing.

zuluking
11-14-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what I did. The game was nice and friendly and I was going to upset the school of fish.

canis582
11-14-2005, 12:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what I did. The game was nice and friendly and I was going to upset the school of fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason, there are never any fish at my tables...

TakeMeToTheRiver
11-14-2005, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason, there are never any fish at my tables...

[/ QUOTE ]

To paraphrase: If you don't see a fish....

11-14-2005, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On the 5th hand she grabbed only 4 chips to call, the dealer was watching her and said, "What? No sugar this time?", to which the lady kinda went, "Oh!", grabbed 4 more and tossed out 8 again.

What would you do here?

One thing, she had not made a foward motion with the 4 chips when this occured.

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as a rule goes, she hadn't made a verbal declaration and she hadn't put any chips down on the felt in front of her, so it's a perfectly legal raise.

As far as the dealer goes he should never be influencing the action of a game in any way. I understand it's a low limit game and the dealers like to have some fun, but the limit you play should never influence the level of service you receive. Inducing a player to raise is unacceptable behavior from a dealer.

11-14-2005, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What would you do here?

[/ QUOTE ]
There have been some good suggestions. I propose something a bit different. Every time she says "sugar" burst into tears. She'll feel compelled to ask why you're crying. Tell her that you were sponsering a child in Thailand and he was recently killed in an accident at a sugar cane processing plant. If she changes her catch phrase, repeat, for example, she says, "let's put some steak into" then go on about your sponsored Peruvian boy that was mauled to death by a cow with mad-cow disease. If she says, "let's spice things up" you can talk about the Chinese boy that overdosed on spices, etc. She'll feel sorry for all your losses in life and give you loose action.

Masquerade
11-14-2005, 07:44 PM
Why do you want to piss off a fish of this magnitude?

Spicymoose
11-14-2005, 07:49 PM
The dealer is helping you here. I would tip him.