PDA

View Full Version : KK- Did I play this one correctly?

11-13-2005, 08:44 PM
6.50 NL turbo 18 player SitnGo. Early in tourney. 17 players left. How's little momo's line here? How would you play this?
PokerStars Game #3051406592: Tournament #15079078, Hold'em No Limit - Level III (25/50) - 2005/11/13 - 19:19:56 (ET)
Table '15079078 2' Seat #9 is the button
Seat 1: ABERRANT1 (960 in chips)
Seat 2: Smitty63 (755 in chips)
Seat 3: unclebill (2830 in chips)
Seat 4: elenitsa (1550 in chips)
Seat 5: little momo (1440 in chips)
Seat 6: bdil1024 (1395 in chips)
Seat 7: Wilodwood802 (1840 in chips)
Seat 8: crazyups (1360 in chips)
Seat 9: esparta59 (1370 in chips)
ABERRANT1: posts small blind 25
Smitty63: posts big blind 50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to little momo [Kc Kh]
unclebill: folds
elenitsa: folds
little momo: raises 100 to 150
bdil1024: folds
Wilodwood802: folds
crazyups: folds
esparta59: calls 150
ABERRANT1: calls 125
Smitty63: calls 100
*** FLOP *** [4c 2c Ac]
ABERRANT1: checks
Smitty63: checks
little momo: bets 200
esparta59: calls 200
ABERRANT1: calls 200
crazyups is disconnected
Smitty63: folds
*** TURN *** [4c 2c Ac] [Ad]
ABERRANT1: bets 50
crazyups is connected
little momo: calls 50
esparta59: calls 50
*** RIVER *** [4c 2c Ac Ad] [Jc]
ABERRANT1: bets 560 and is all-in
little momo: calls 560
esparta59: folds
*** SHOW DOWN ***
ABERRANT1: shows [Ah Jd] (a full house, Aces full of Jacks)
little momo: shows [Kc Kh] (a flush, Ace high)
ABERRANT1 collected 2470 from pot /images/graemlins/club.gif

11-13-2005, 08:59 PM
I would say you did alright. It's pretty weak to fold with two aces on the board and you having the second best starting hand in poker. That being said I think sirens should be going off in your head when he bets 50 on the turn there. That's the classic noob call me please bet.

11-13-2005, 09:05 PM
I'm gonna just check/fold the flop.. might sound weak, but the ace is a scare card for me with that many people in the pot, and I don't think my kings are good.

11-13-2005, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would say you did alright. It's pretty weak to fold with two aces on the board and you having the second best starting hand in poker. That being said I think sirens should be going off in your head when he bets 50 on the turn there. That's the classic noob call me please bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well i knew he had an ace (for trips) but i was on the nut flush draw for $50 giving me monster odds to call.i wonder how many of you would fold to this all-in bet on the river?

Pasterbator
11-13-2005, 09:08 PM
Fold the flop?? He has the nut flush draw. I don't think you can get away from this hand on the turn either for such a cheap price. Tough break on the river. I think you played it fine.

Noodles
11-13-2005, 09:16 PM
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> I'm gonna just check/fold the flop.. might sound weak, but the ace is a scare card for me with that many people in the pot, and I don't think my kings are good.</pre><hr />

that would be terrible,nut flush draw,and kings could be good,
id bet a lot into the pot,if you are raised i might then fold

11-13-2005, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> I'm gonna just check/fold the flop.. might sound weak, but the ace is a scare card for me with that many people in the pot, and I don't think my kings are good.</pre><hr />

that would be terrible,nut flush draw,and kings could be good,
id bet a lot into the pot,if you are raised i might then fold

[/ QUOTE ]

didn't see the flush draw, my bad.

Noodles
11-13-2005, 09:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well i knew he had an ace (for trips) but i was on the nut flush draw for $50 giving me monster odds to call.i wonder how many of you would fold to this all-in bet on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone that folds this river is a muppet.
i think that guy made a mistake betting so small on the turn,he is givings odds for so many hands to call,

11-13-2005, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone that folds this river is a muppet.
i think that guy made a mistake betting so small on the turn,he is givings odds for so many hands to call,

[/ QUOTE ]
this hand crippled me and i never recovered. Is there anyone out there who would lay this down? in other words are there any "muppets" out there? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

nath
11-13-2005, 10:34 PM
I think you played this mostly fine, but your flop bet is a little weak.

11-13-2005, 11:24 PM
With three other players, I like to check the flop here, you are very unlikely ahead, unlikely to get a better hand to fold, and it all but guarantees you can see the river (turn at least) cheaply with the nut flush draw.

44 or 22 would likely have led the flop or possibly c/r, and if it c/c the flop would likely go for c/r on turn or lead out for more. So I think you are drawing live at that point.

On the river, you are probably only losing to AJ. For 560 I would make the call for the pot

11-13-2005, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With three other players, I like to check the flop here, you are very unlikely ahead, unlikely to get a better hand to fold, and it all but guarantees you can see the river (turn at least) cheaply with the nut flush draw.

44 or 22 would likely have led the flop or possibly c/r, and if it c/c the flop would likely go for c/r on turn or lead out for more. So I think you are drawing live at that point.

On the river, you are probably only losing to AJ. For 560 I would make the call for the pot

[/ QUOTE ]thanks eric, i think checking the flop here is agood idea, i just made a continuation bet here of 1/3 the pot to see where i stood.

11-14-2005, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] i made a continuation bet on the flop to see where i stood. 1/3 the pot.i don't think anyone with a hand would have gone away if i made a stronger bet(pot size).

11-14-2005, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
thanks eric, i think checking the flop here is agood idea, i just made a continuation bet here of 1/3 the pot to see where i stood.

[/ QUOTE ]

And what did you find out?

nath
11-14-2005, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] i made a continuation bet on the flop to see where i stood. 1/3 the pot.i don't think anyone with a hand would have gone away if i made a stronger bet(pot size).

[/ QUOTE ]

Find out where you stand without betting. Either check, because someone certainly has an ace and you're behind, or commit to your KK + nut flush draw and bet more.

11-14-2005, 01:04 AM
I find that in the smaller sit n gs if you dont establish your hand early you will get owned on the river by limpers.

Pre flop I would have raised to 5x the pot.

I hate slowplaying in these small tourneys because is either good players having fun and killing time, or terrible players who catch cards.

ZootMurph
11-14-2005, 01:12 AM
Do you have any information on the other players in the pot?

With no information, I will probably check and push here. You have the nut flush draw, and are against the blinds and one other player. Most of the time, an Ace will lay down here with that suited board and no clubs, and you can pick up another bet when you check it to someone else. If you get called, you have at least flush outs, plus two kings if you are up against an ace.

whiskeytown
11-14-2005, 06:31 AM
all the red flags go up post flop, and I think after your flop bet you should have been done with it - you can justify calling the little bet on the turn for pot odds, but really, you know you're up against at least one, right?

that was my first impression.

RB

11-14-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Find out where you stand without betting. Either check, because someone certainly has an ace and you're behind, or commit to your KK + nut flush draw and bet more.

[/ QUOTE ]
i don't think a pot size bet on the flop would have made him lay down his AJ and An all-in bet would have wreaked of the flush draw. hmmm, now thinking about it you guys are right, a check on the flop makes more sense, but the huge pot odds on the turn get me to the river where i go ba-BOOM! anyway.thanks again.