PDA

View Full Version : $5.5: ITM, gets AA. Then the flush hits the turn

Askilus
11-13-2005, 06:54 PM
Villian seems to be a pretty solid player. Not to tight, not to loose. Not passive and not over aggressive. Seems decent. I would just hate to go out third here, what do I do? I might have kind of a laggish image, but it shoulden't be that bad. I also tried a "move" on him a couple of rounds ago where i tried to steal what I thought was a c/b. I raised and he pushed, I folded and he showed me two pair.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (3 handed) converter (http://www.pushfold.com/converter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t6335)
SB (t855)
BB (t7810)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t600</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls t400.

Flop: (t1300) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t500</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t2000</font>, BB calls t1500.

Turn: (t5300) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t2100</font>, Hero ??

11-13-2005, 07:33 PM
Feels more like BB has jack-something and is afraid of flush too. I'm not seeing myself folding aa here and I would just go all in on the turn (with the best hand too more often than not I think).

11-13-2005, 07:46 PM
Are you playing to win it all or do you wanna make sure you have at least 2nd locked up? The SB's stack is pretty short, and the BB has you covered, so this is a tough call. Personally I think BB has a pair with a flush draw. Maybe he has a set and is afraid of the flush, or just top pair. If you're going for first, I push here, otherwise just call here and see what happens on the river. I don't see myself laying down AA here, maybe if another heart comes on the river, then MAYBE.

11-13-2005, 08:05 PM
How you know he has flush? He don't. AA is the best hand in poker so you need to put all chips in before the flop. Congradulatons on busting out the player with AA after you call and raise with best hand.

Eric Draven
11-13-2005, 08:35 PM
There's no way I fold this. Call. If he got lucky with the flush or a set, go start another one.

Edit: Please note I always play for first. Your ITM anyways, I'd try to get a huge stack and win it.

11-13-2005, 09:49 PM
5000 or so chips in pot already with flush i think he pushes, half pot bet looks like top pair to me.i think i call see river, other Heart comes i'd fold to a bet. once agian depends on if you want first or second. trying mainly to lock of second. fold let short stack get taken out by blinds. i play the 5.50 games on ub too, honestly you never know here so i would call.

Askilus
11-14-2005, 06:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
AA is the best hand in poker so you need to put all chips in before the flop. Congradulatons on busting out the player with AA after you call and raise with best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

AA is the best hand in poker, I'm aware of that yes. Therefor I don't want to scare people away by " put all chips in before the flop", a huge overbet in this hand. Perhaps I could have pushed on the flop, by that time and with his "c/b" the pot big enough.

Askilus
11-14-2005, 06:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
5000 or so chips in pot already with flush i think he pushes, half pot bet looks like top pair to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, to me it seems that he would to it the other way around. Push a top pair because he is afraid of a fourth heart and "milk" me with a 1/2 pot bet if he has the flush (if his flush is fairly strong). But maybe I'm just another weak-tighty. Am I wrong?

caretaker1
11-14-2005, 06:43 AM
Push. Your line looks fine up to that point. No way I'm getting rid of aces there.

11-14-2005, 07:51 AM
Call or reraise allin. You If you win this pot you will win else u bust out in third. This is better then finishing second any day.

An initial slowplay flat call of the aces would however been better as u may have drawn in the SB and you had position after the flop on both players.

With 900 in the pot and your weak call SB may have been tempted to make an all-in move which would have been ideal.

11-14-2005, 07:52 AM
I would've pushed the flop.