PDA

View Full Version : Isolating a loose-passive

ElSapo
11-13-2005, 06:52 PM
Loose passive raises UTG ... he'll call down with small pairs and will at a minimum call the flop with overs.

Four handed game, and I think if I re-raise to isolate the blinds will get out of the way.

On the button with 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, and I muck.

Too tight? This was the first pre-flop raise I'd seen from him, and I know that if he does have overs he'll chase with them -- how much value of the isolation is derived from an opponent folding without seeing the turn or river?

Stefan_K
11-13-2005, 07:23 PM
pokerstove is your friend, and btw we dont know how much this loosepassiv changed his game for 4-handed but if you could guess how many % he'll rais then you can just use pokerstove

Surfbullet
11-13-2005, 07:24 PM
Hey Elsapo,

with a loose passive I'd fold 77 here without much thought - his range leaves us as a pretty big underdog, and position / initiative will not make up for it because we have no FE postflop against overcards.

If he's likely to raise enough hands that we are about even equity-wise I'd isolate him, the dead $ from the blinds + position will be enough to compensate. Loose/passive predictable postflop play is a great thing in an OOP opponent.

Surf