PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Cash

11-13-2005, 06:50 PM
I dont go to movies much, and doubt Ill have time to go see the movie, but does anyone have any links to Cash's bio? I went to his site, and googled a couple links, but none really tell the story of why he is such a badass....did he kill a man just to watch him die? Was he in jail? etc.

Dominic
11-13-2005, 06:54 PM
no, he never killed a man. and that's not reason that makes someone badass, anyway.

Johnny Cash was The Man. Pure and simple. Good biography of him playing on the History Channel, I think.

Listen to his music. Early and later.

He loved, lived and played HARD. He alos happened to make the best music video of all-time. AND one of the best live albums.

Anyway...good to see poeple interested in The Man in Black.

edfurlong
11-13-2005, 06:54 PM
Mr. Cash (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johny_Cash)

billymonk
11-13-2005, 06:58 PM
You should pick up "Cash", it has all the information you will need about him and his life.

Johnny Cash was by far the coolest person ever. And without a doubt is my favorite musician of all time. I'd go so far as to say if I had to listen to only one musician/group for the rest of my life, I wouldn't even see it as a bad thing if I got to choose Johnny.

11-13-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
no, he never killed a man. and that's not reason that makes someone badass, anyway.

Johnny Cash was The Man. Pure and simple. Good biography of him playing on the History Channel, I think.

Listen to his music. Early and later.

He loved, lived and played HARD. He alos happened to make the best music video of all-time. AND one of the best live albums.

Anyway...good to see poeple interested in The Man in Black.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive listened to his music for years, well, actually my dad did and I picked it up from him. I didnt really know anything about him though, figured it was time to see what developed his persona, because he is indeed the biggest badass of all time....

Wikipedia..duh. Thanks for the link.

11-13-2005, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You should pick up "Cash", it has all the information you will need about him and his life.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second this...Cash is a fantastic autobiography!

InchoateHand
11-13-2005, 08:16 PM
Dude, he's wearing black for YOU. And along with his inherent incredible [censored] rockingness, he spawned some of my favorite covers---good old Social D.

billymonk
11-13-2005, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, he's wearing black for YOU. And along with his inherent incredible [censored] rockingness, he spawned some of my favorite covers---good old Social D.

[/ QUOTE ]

Social Distortions cover of "Ring of Fire" is really really good. Although everything they record is really really good, so it's no surprise.

Dwight Yoakam does a good cover of "Ring of Fire" as well, but I'm biased since Dwight Yoakam is the best current day musician. He was also one of Johnny Cash's favorite musicians.