PDA

View Full Version : Can I fold TPGK in a HU pot?

waffle
11-13-2005, 06:29 PM
BB defense hand. Button is a TAG that has a decent sized stealing range on the button and I'm in the BB.

We've been at this table a while and we have a little history. I've defended and c/f'ed the flop a few times. I've c/r'ed the flop a few times. He folded to my subsequent turn bet twice.

The third time, he called my flop c/r with A6 high, turned a 6, and called turn and river bets with a couple of overcards in the playing zone on board. His hand was not good.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>,

I never, ever, ever fold this. Should I think about it? (Obviously I'm calling the turn with my 4 flush. But what if I didn't have the four flush? And, with it, should I fold on river if I don't it?)

I think a few people will say 3bet PF. I'm open to discussing the merits of this but I don't want to make this the main thrust of the thread. I currently mix it up.

brazilio
11-13-2005, 06:42 PM
Depending on who he is, I'm often bet/3-betting the flop. And I fold this against nobody except the most passive calling stations who only give action on made hands and never semibluff. I also mix it up preflop.

irishpint
11-13-2005, 06:49 PM
id 3bet pf and take it from there. i'd also donk the flop and try to bet/3bet. and you cant fold the turn because you sitll have TP and the second nut flush draw.

7ontheline
11-13-2005, 06:54 PM
I don't think I would ever fold this hand regardless of the river.

imported_CaseClosed326
11-13-2005, 07:10 PM
I would 3bet this pre-flop. Also, I would never fold this ever.

mcvalenc
11-14-2005, 05:03 AM
I would never consider folding any river card here.

flawless_victory
11-14-2005, 05:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I never, ever, ever fold this. Should I think about it?

[/ QUOTE ]
[censored] HELL NO.
NO WAY.
i usually threebet turn here... that may be incorrect in a microstakes, but i doubt it.

Edit: please don't try to circumvent the profanity filter. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Surfbullet
11-14-2005, 05:37 AM
You might benefit from doing a quick calculation based on pot-odds to see how often you have to be ahead to make calling down profitable.

Once that is done do a rough estimate of his possible holdings. You may be surprised how correct a calldown is vs an aggressive player when you consider semibluffs, free-showdown raises, and value-raises by worse hands.

Surf

TheMetetron
11-14-2005, 05:47 AM
Split the forum.

(I've decided that since I'm back to being an ass, I'm posting this in response to all super-standard low limit questions).

For this one time, however, you get a real answer. Consider it a gift.

Never fold this. Never. Repeat that with me.... N-E-V-E-R.

Also, 3-bet PF and that isn't even a close one.

TheMetetron
11-14-2005, 05:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You might benefit from doing a quick calculation based on pot-odds to see how often you have to be ahead to make calling down profitable.

Once that is done do a rough estimate of his possible holdings. You may be surprised how correct a calldown is vs an aggressive player when you consider semibluffs, free-showdown raises, and value-raises by worse hands.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you could read this if you want an actual helpful answer.

I knew there was a reason you were a mod.

Surfbullet
11-14-2005, 06:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you could read this if you want an actual helpful answer.

I knew there was a reason you were a mod.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. Looks like i've done a great job so far if you've noticed so much /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Seriously, get that acid tongue working on mat sklansky - send him a PM telling him how much you want the forum split - he's the one who makes things happen around here.

Surf