PDA

View Full Version : Isolation raise attempt gets heated

mack848
11-13-2005, 06:26 PM
UTG+1 is very loose passive (64/7/0.9). The table is getting tight preflop and many hands have been contested HU vs him. Clearly I may be attempting to isolate him light.

MP3 is TAG and CO is Tight preflop, with average aggression post flop.

I really felt like a set was very likely here.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
1 fold, UTG+1 calls, 1 fold, Hero raises, MP3 3-bets, CO calls, 3 folds[/i], UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.40 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif (4 players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, MP3 raises, CO 3-bets, UTG+1 folds, Hero caps, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (12.70 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (3 players)
Hero bets, MP3 raises, CO calls, Hero ??

Plan from here??

paperboyNC
11-13-2005, 06:30 PM
fold pre-flop. call the turn and consider folding if the river puts 4 to the straight out there.

peterchi
11-13-2005, 06:31 PM
Yeah I'd just call down from here since everyone is in love with their hands.

Nick C
11-13-2005, 06:57 PM
QQ and TT aren't so likely mathematically (only 1 combo of each is available), but you do have to start worrying about those hands at some point.

I think AQ is likely for CO. If that's what he's got, MP3 can't have QQ. MP3 could have AA/KK (which is 9 combos if CO has TPTK).

Ugh. I don't know. I kind of want to 3-bet. I think you're probably ahead of CO, and the fact that he 3-bet the flop makes MP3 a little less likely to have you crushed. Plus, you're getting 2:1 on the bets that go in, so long as CO doesn't fold (I guess he might, though, if MP3 caps).

What I'd probably really do, though, is get scared by the action and call. And maybe that would be sensible. I'm not sure.

By the way, the preflop iso-raise is a little light from MP2, for my taste.

JojoDiego
11-13-2005, 08:09 PM
This is probably also a little light for me to isolate in MP2.

On the turn, I think you're ahead often enough here to 3-bet. These hands are ahead of you: 2-2, Q-Q, T-T, 8-8, J-9. Given the action/reads, 2-2, J-9 and 8-8 seem unlikely, and what're the odds one of them have the remaining Q-Q or T-T? You're killing A-A, K-K, J-J, A-Q, A-10, etc. Blast 'em?