PDA

View Full Version : KJo against a fish...

blackaces13
11-13-2005, 05:47 PM
Pokerroom 2/4. (9 handed)

MP2 is a fish, unfortunately he is not passive. He plays any 2 cards preflop and will bet any piece of the board on any street, even into a raiser. He sees showdown with any pair and often A high regardless of how much it costs. Though he bets often, thus far in the session he has usually had at least a pair when he bet.

The players behind me are all fairly tight.

PREFLOP: Hero has J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif in the CO.
3 folds , MP2 calls, 1 fold , <font color="red">Hero raises </font>, 3 folds, MP2 calls.

FLOP: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 players, 5.5 SBs)
<font color="red">MP2 bets </font>, Hero calls.

TURN: T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (2 players, 3.5 BBs)
<font color="red">MP2 bets </font>, Hero folds.

toss
11-13-2005, 05:53 PM
Small pot, good fold. If he has a pair you don't have the odds to call. Is he the type to donkbet the turn with a pair of 3s or 5s if you raise this flop?

silkyslim
11-13-2005, 05:54 PM
seems fine. If you had an A i would call down. K-hi is not strong enough especially in this small pot. You only have pair outs with no draws on the turn. just fold and wait for a better spot. This fold will encourage your guy to bluff and overplay his hands more allowing you to profit when you have something.

tonypaladino
11-13-2005, 06:44 PM
Good fold. 3.5 BB Pot is not worth fighting for.

Mister Z
11-13-2005, 07:32 PM
What else would you do? Call down with K-high? Given your read and if this were not a raised pot, I'd fold the flop.