PDA

View Full Version : Sigh...

11-13-2005, 05:46 PM
I have a question for you MTT people.

If you have about double the average chip stack with 400/1800 people left, and ITM is 180 what do you do.

I tried to play super passive, and it ended terribly. I lost nearly all my chips on two pair aces and queens on a flop of AQJ and he had two jacks.

Im starting to think I should just "sit out" until im ITM or something, because this is rediculous. I play for two hours and get close, but can't complete, I always get some BS person who won't raise with JJ and flops a set with my two over pairs.

I guess im saying, in this, how do you play super passive, and fold something so good as AQ with an AQJ board? I just can never see myself folding this.

How do you avoid bad beats with a decent chip stack to stay in the game.

11-13-2005, 05:49 PM
Just play your normal game. Continue accumulating chips and try to focus on reaching the FT. The ITM thingy shouldn't be a part of your game, its something you should take advantage off. Find who plays to get ITM and bully them.

11-13-2005, 05:52 PM
The last thing I'd do is play super passive. I'd use my chip stack to steal from other people, especially around bubble time where it is most effective. I would be entering hands preflop with a raise most of the time, unless I am in the blinds with a weaker hand and its limped to me.

And if you are folding AQ on a AQJ board and you raised preflop, you are doing something wrong.

I doubt you are going to get any advice from anyone here about playing super passive, for noone here knows how to do that, nor wants to learn.

11-13-2005, 05:56 PM
Well how do you have success if your raieing all the time and there htting on the flop. In other words, if you hit two pair on the flop and they hit trips how do deal with this. Playing agressive you would put them all in, and they would call and you loose half your stack...

On the other hand, if you check it and they go all in, you would also call and loose.

Position won't matter.

11-13-2005, 06:03 PM
What do you do when you have AQ and flop top 2 pair to their set?

You go broke.

11-13-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well how do you have success if your raieing all the time and there htting on the flop. In other words, if you hit two pair on the flop and they hit trips how do deal with this. Playing agressive you would put them all in, and they would call and you loose half your stack...

On the other hand, if you check it and they go all in, you would also call and loose.

Position won't matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

This stuff happens. If you constantly see monsters under the bed, you'll be a very losing player. The strategy for dealing with bad beats is having a big enough stack that you can absorb them. You get that stack by not folding when you flop top two.

11-13-2005, 06:16 PM
Ok, so the rest of the situation is:

I had about 10,000 chips and went down to about 4,000 after this hand. The rest of my table was all over 6,000 with the exception of a few.

I pretty much went on tilt after the bad beat, and went super agressive and pissed away the rest of my chips.

Whats the best advice you can give after a bad beat and short stacked to build your chip stack back up.

11-13-2005, 06:17 PM
To start, not go on tilt.

And if thats not possible, leave the table for a little while til you can get your head back, going on tilt isn't going to help your game out at all.