PDA

View Full Version : Packers/Falcons

MEbenhoe
11-13-2005, 05:33 PM
Samcon Gado = Nigerian Nightmare 2? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ahhh this guy is awesome. Where did this packers team come from?

benfranklin
11-13-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Where did this packers team come from?

[/ QUOTE ]

What's up with the NFC North today? Bears, Lions, and Vikes win, and the Pack is up 14-0. Is this the End of Days?

James282
11-13-2005, 06:03 PM
It's Samkon /images/graemlins/frown.gif . Go Wisconsin Sports.
-James

mmbt0ne
11-13-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh-oh...

Clarkmeister
11-13-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Matt Leinart, come on down!

imported_CaseClosed326
11-13-2005, 06:17 PM
This is kind of sad but when does the serious discussion of sitting Farve come into play?

Jack of Arcades
11-13-2005, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is kind of sad but when does the serious discussion of sitting Farve come into play?

[/ QUOTE ]

When he no longer gives them the best chance to win. That definitely hasn't been reached yet.

MEbenhoe
11-13-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you meant Reggie Bush right? no way anybody else gets any consideration from the packers if they're drafting #1 and bush is in the draft.

imported_CaseClosed326
11-13-2005, 06:45 PM
I am not saying because of his talent. I am saying because they are all but out of the playoff race and they have a first round draft pick on the bench. They are not looking to win with this team, they are a team trying to re-build. Farve already said he does not want to be a part of a re-building process.

MEbenhoe
11-13-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am not saying because of his talent. I am saying because they are all but out of the playoff race and they have a first round draft pick on the bench. They are not looking to win with this team, they are a team trying to re-build. Farve already said he does not want to be a part of a re-building process.

[/ QUOTE ]

you have to understand, as long as favre is willing to play the starting job will always be is. he is an icon to packers fans and benching him would do nothing but create such a ridiculous public and media outcry, that anyone involved in the decision would likely lose their job.

edit to add: also favre is not the reason this packers team is losing. if he was surrounded by a competent team at all, they'd be a playoff team right now, but given the team around him, you can't really expect much more.

imported_CaseClosed326
11-13-2005, 07:07 PM
I understand and agree with all that. I was just wondering if Farve is too big for them to bench him and say the team is moving on? Even if then are 1-9 heading into the last 6 games of the season. It kind of sucks because if this kid is going to be their future he should get some playing time.

mmbt0ne
11-13-2005, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
edit to add: also favre is not the reason this packers team is losing. if he was surrounded by a competent team at all, they'd be a playoff team right now, but given the team around him, you can't really expect much more.

[/ QUOTE ]

How long has this been the line, and how long will it continue to be? I'm not saying that now's the time, but honestly, Favre has shown a lot of inconsistency, and soon it will be better to bench him and get another QB the experience.

kschellenger
11-13-2005, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you meant Reggie Bush right? no way anybody else gets any consideration from the packers if they're drafting #1 and bush is in the draft.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Packers won't necessarily take Bush. They would consider trading down for more draft picks with the hopes of improving the defense or simply taking a LB with their pick. Many options for a team with very little bright spots this year with a top draft pick.

TheRover
11-13-2005, 08:37 PM
It made me quite happy to see Atlanta lose.

Jack of Arcades
11-13-2005, 08:41 PM
The thought of Chicago beating Atlanta doesn't seem so ridiculous now, does it?

judgesmails
11-13-2005, 08:56 PM
It is never the right thing for a NFL team to bench a significantly better player in favor of getting a younger player experience. If the talent level is close, sure, play the young guy.

But the difference in Favre and Rodgers is extreme. If the Packer coaches/management decided to play him now, they would be telling the rest of their players and their fans that they do not care about winning. This may not seem like much at face value, but losing can become insidious and habit forming. As a professional franchise they know the best course of action is to always put forth your best effort. Playing Aaron Rodgers right now would not accomplish that.

jacki
11-14-2005, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How long has this been the line, and how long will it continue to be? I'm not saying that now's the time, but honestly, Favre has shown a lot of inconsistency, and soon it will be better to bench him and get another QB the experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

This team would be 0-9 without Favre.

They're starting a FOURTH STRING ROOKIE running back.
They're playing a rookie tight end as a 3rd wide reciever.
Their #1 and #3 wide recievers are gone.

Yet they've been competitive in every game this season, and could easily be 4-5 or 5-4.
Why? Because of a slightly above average defense and Brett Favre.

lastchance
11-14-2005, 11:03 PM
Without Favre, this team would definitely be worse, but there's no way this team makes the playoffs. There's no way this team should over .500. They're not 2-7 as their record says, but they definitely not a 5-4 team with all of their weaknesses and a defense that is below average, not above.

Favre is clearly the best QB on the Packers right now, but they're too far back, and not good enough to make some noise in the second half.

It's not that Favre is bad, he isn't. But he's old, and this team shows few signs of being competitive any time soon.

uw_madtown
11-14-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Without Favre, this team would definitely be worse, but there's no way this team makes the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying, right now?

Because if everyone was healthy, I think they absolutely win the NFC North because that division sucks.

jacki
11-15-2005, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Without Favre, this team would definitely be worse, but there's no way this team makes the playoffs. There's no way this team should over .500. They're not 2-7 as their record says, but they definitely not a 5-4 team with all of their weaknesses and a defense that is below average, not above.

[/ QUOTE ]
They're 10th in total defense. They're a few botched kicks from being 4-5. You're telling me a healthy Javon Walker and Ahman Green wouldn't be enough to win another game or two and be in the lead in the NFC North?

[ QUOTE ]
Favre is clearly the best QB on the Packers right now, but they're too far back, and not good enough to make some noise in the second half.

[/ QUOTE ]
So put Aaron Rodgers in with a scrub offense? What will that accomplish, other than to tank the rest of the season?

[ QUOTE ]
It's not that Favre is bad, he isn't. But he's old, and this team shows few signs of being competitive any time soon.

[/ QUOTE ]
What does him being old have to do with anything?
And they are competitive.
(From judgesmails in the betting forum) They have lost by:
14, 2, 1, 3, 3, 7, 10
That seems pretty competitive to me.

I get frustrated when people talk about sitting Favre. If you actually watch their games, you'll realize he still is one of the best QB's playing today.
It's like people are sick of him because he's been around so long, so they think he needs to quit, no matter what his abilities are.

grrr.

bugstud
11-15-2005, 12:38 AM
bears pwn joo, even healthy

uw_madtown
11-15-2005, 12:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a Pack fan, so I almost didn't even make the post. :-p

jacki
11-15-2005, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to argue this point, but I'm not sure I can.
/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

So I'll just say this:
No quarterback has thrown more TD passes at Soldier Field than Brett Favre.