PDA

View Full Version : Horrible KQ

Spicymoose
11-13-2005, 04:20 PM
Sorry I keep doing this, but I just sat down, and no reads. Another line I was debating taking was betting the turn, and checking the river. I think that line is better. Thoughts?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, MP checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, SB folds, MP calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

River: (8 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

imported_leader
11-13-2005, 04:21 PM
Take a free turn

Spicymoose
11-13-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Take a free turn

[/ QUOTE ]

I did. So you call the river bet?

imported_leader
11-13-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Take a free turn

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, check the flop. You didn't get a free turn you got a 1BB turn.

Spicymoose
11-13-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Take a free turn

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, check the flop. You didn't get a free turn you got a 1BB turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, my mistake. You don't think we have enough folding equity (with a continuation on the turn if the conditions are right), along with our overcards and backdoor flush to bet this flop?

waffle
11-13-2005, 04:25 PM
check flop. (this may be results oriented. but i don't think i like it with a somewhat coordinated flop in a 4-way pot.)

i don't understand the river call. you can only beat a bluff but MP is also still in the pot waiting to act after you do.

Spicymoose
11-13-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i don't understand the river call. you can only beat a bluff but MP is also still in the pot waiting to act after you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

The way CO plays, it sure looks like he has a draw. MP could easily have a draw as well. There are is a lot of straight and flush potential out there.

I remember reading in TOP that if you are going to induce a bluff, you must call. Does that apply here? Does MP ruin everything? Would you call HU?

RiverTheNuts
11-13-2005, 04:30 PM
if you do anything on the river, you should raise, though that looks retarded as well... check the flop, fold the turn U/I

Raising this river is feasable if something decent comes; but you cant represent anything here that you raised 2 limpers with; and when you cant raise and you cant call, theres only one option left. Take the free card with 6 outs, raise a bet if you hit; and call one if you pick up a flush draw.

waffle
11-13-2005, 04:35 PM
i think mp does ruin everything. when you call, you only win when both of them were on draws. i think the third player in the pot makes a call unprofitable. if it were hu i would call.

a ballsy play would be to raise, hoping that MP is holding on to a small pair that he will release and that CO was on a busted draw and will fold. i don't know if the conditions here make this profitable and it's a play that i've read about in theory but never have the gumption to actually execute.